• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

Today at 07:40:11 PM
Thanks Laurna
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,598
  • Total Topics: 2,740
  • Online today: 430
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 405
Total: 406
DerynifanK
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 09:11:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chat and Craft Dates

Started by DesertRose, February 12, 2022, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What date would work best for you to video/voice chat and work on small projects?

Saturday 19 February 2022
2 (33.3%)
Sunday 20 February 2022
4 (66.7%)
Saturday 26 February 2022
2 (33.3%)
Sunday 27 February 2022
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Evie

I can probably do the 10th. I'll almost certainly need to stay late after church for Altar Guild, but should be home before mid-afternoon in my time zone.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

I'll have to miss both the 10th and 17th, because I will be visiting my dad.  I will be doing a lot of needlepoint while I'm there, though!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Nezz

QuoteI will be doing a lot of needlepoint while I'm there, though!

We'll expect a full report of your crafting progress once you're back. :)

revanne

I shall be hurtling around the country on April 10th. The ancient car that my DDs share has inconveniently decided it's time to make its way to the great scrapyard in the sky and as we are all meeting to scatter Richard's ashes on Saturday I am spending Sunday afternoon/evening delivering daughters home to various corners of the Kingdom. 
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

We will be thinking of you and your family.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Marilyn

I just discovered this story from the recent post on it and was able to go back to Chapter 11 and read all of them up to the end.  Is there any way to get to the first ten chapters?  I could not find them and would love to see how the story starts.

Thanks,
Marilyn
Maryse

Laurna

Marilyn, which story are you refering too. If it is fan fiction, you can look up the stories by fan fiction author's names. If it is one of KK's stories we can tell you which order the books were published in.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Marilyn

I found 'em!   Noodle around on the site long enough and amazing things show up!  :) 
Maryse

DesertRose

So, next chat and craft?

We could do this Sunday, 24 April.  The Sunday after is Early Chat, so that's out, and the Sunday following is Mother's Day in the US so probably also not a good day.

The next Sunday is 15 May, which is my stepdad's birthday but my family may or may not do anything (I haven't asked about plans yet), and just because I'm not available doesn't mean y'all can't chat, as well.

The following Sunday is 22 May, which might also work well.

Thoughts?
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DerynifanK

I can't do the 24th, already have a full schedule that day. Sundays tend to have more activities for me. Would Saturdays ever be a possibility?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

Since we have a reasonably active chat channel, I would think any day works fine for anyone to pop into the channel and say "Hey, I'm going to park myself in our Voice Chat channel for a while and do crafts stuff if anyone wants to join me!" Others could join or not depending on whether their schedule permits at that moment.  Granted, it's nice to have scheduled times also that we can all try to plan around, since we're likely to get a higher turnout that way, but the drop-in-whenever option is also good since there likely isn't ever going to be one standard day or time that works best for everyone.  (For instance, while Saturdays might work best for DFK, they would generally be all but impossible for me, since that's nearly always the only day of the week I'm able to visit my parents.) Maybe we could do the scheduled craft chats on alternating weekend days, and also keep our eyes open for any non-scheduled "Hey, does anyone want to video chat right now?" invitations on the channel at other times of the week.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

I think Evie's idea is a good one -  dates in the diary are good but needn't be exclusive.

Sunday 24th is good for me.

It's all a bit hit and miss for me as I'm doing a lot of visiting and being visited but will pop in when I can.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Quote from: DerynifanK on April 21, 2022, 07:48:58 AMI can't do the 24th, already have a full schedule that day. Sundays tend to have more activities for me. Would Saturdays ever be a possibility?

We can do Saturdays.  Evie usually isn't available as she has already explained, but I generally am.  I feel like next Saturday, being the day before Early Chat, might be more video chatting than people want to do, but I'm good for either 7 May or 21 May (both Saturdays).  The 14th is possibly tied up with family stuff for me, and the 28th I may have out of town company.

And as Evie said, the Tea Room is always open, so if you've got an hour or so, say something in Discord and do an impromptu Chat and Craft.

I like scheduling them because if I've scheduled it, I'm not as likely to forget I meant to do it.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DesertRose

Maybe we ought to try to schedule one Saturday and one Sunday per month?

The option to just pop in and start a chat is always there, but as we've all agreed, having at least some chats scheduled makes it easier to plan around and makes for better turnout.

So what do y'all think of scheduling two Craft and Chats per month, one on a Saturday and one on a Sunday?

revanne

That sounds a great idea DR and then there is a chance that most people interested could make one or another.
(Psalm 46 v1)