• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

February 22, 2024, 11:32:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,425
  • Total Topics: 2,714
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6
Total: 6

Latest Shout

Bynw

February 17, 2024, 02:59:38 PM
Don't forget that we have the feature of @mention available. Just use @username like @bynw in posts and the member will be tagged and get a notification that they have been tagged in a post

Heirs of Ghosts Past- Book One - Book Cover and Part One

Started by Laurna, January 03, 2022, 12:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Lady Aliset de Mariot is desperate to reach the king in Rhemuth after her family is cruelly massacred by her cousin, Lord Oswald, in an attempt to lay claim not only to Caer Mariot but also to Lady Aliset herself!  She hires Master Darcy Cameron, a former sailor returned from the sea, as her man-at-arms.  Their journey south takes them to Culdi, where they rendezvous with Sir Washburn Morgan, youngest son of the legendary Duke Alaric Morgan, who has been sent by his brother, the current Duke of Corwyn, to ensure Lady Aliset's safety.  A fire in the tavern they are meeting in causes them to add another to their journey, Father Columcil, parish priest of St. Melangell.  The rugged highland priest,  a Healer with a secret he holds close to his heart, has been bid to travel south on a task set by his bishop, and finds his attachment to these travelers may be a blessing, guided by the highest hand. 

Their journey will not be a peaceful one, for unrest in Meara festers among the young people who only know of the old stories of Meara's Independence.  The four  travellers are stalked at every turn; some are injured, some are captured. Will determination, faith, and Deryni skills enable them to reach Rhemuth, King Kelson, and a long sought after place of safety?

Jerusha

As a Twelfth Night gift from us to the Rhemuth Castle Forum, we would like to offer Book One of the Ghosts of the Past Series.

Who are We you ask? We are the game master and the player/writers of the story/game that had played out on this forum for over three years. We became friends through our love of the Eleven Kingdoms and through the hardship and triumphs that we shared together, we are Bynw, Evie, Jerusha, Revanne, Laurna and DeryniFanK.

Maybe you read along with us as we played. Maybe you joined us late in the game and only read parts of our story. Or maybe you never heard of it and are curious to know what I am talking about. Well, that is why we offer a better way to read what we wrote in a better presented format. We have edited our game/story (to our best ability) to offer a completed version with even a few small additions.

Eventually all four novel length Fan Fiction stories will be offered here in PDF form for you to download and read at your leisure. (P.S. Due to the nature of Fan Fiction, these stories may not be commercially printed in any fashion.)
  Book One    Heirs of Ghosts Past  Part One
 Book Two    Ghosts of Rebels Rising
 Book Three Ghosts in Checkmate
 Book Four  Ghosts Laid to Rest

Today and over the next few days leading to Twelfth Night I will offer our first novel
with Book cover Title page and Detailed map:

You cannot view this attachment.

Please click on the attachments below to download part one of book one Heirs of Ghosts Past.

You cannot view this attachment.

Please feel free to let us know what you think by responding to each topic in kind as you read along with us.
Thank you dear Katherine Kurtz for letting us play in your Sandbox!
May your horses have wings and fly!

DoctorM

DerynifanK

Laurna, Love what you did with it. Very impressive. Hope readers will enjoy reading it as much as we loved writing it.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

DoctorM, I do hope you enjoy or story, even if it is the second time you have read it.

DeryniFank, It has been a lot of fun getting this together. I am learning more and more about formatting and editing. But I am so thankful to you and to Jerusha and to Revanne for doing the real word editing.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Nezz

Woot! Thanks so much! Should make it much easier to find art details now. :)

HoundMistress

So happy to hear this!!Love you all!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Jerusha

Quote from: Laurna on January 04, 2022, 03:03:06 PM
DoctorM, I do hope you enjoy or story, even if it is the second time you have read it.

DeryniFank, It has been a lot of fun getting this together. I am learning more and more about formatting and editing. But I am so thankful to you and to Jerusha and to Revanne for doing the real word editing.

Happy to have been able to help, but the bulk of this excellent work was yours!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany