• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

Today at 09:30:50 PM
that's fine Revanne
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,628
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 618
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 11:59:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KK’s knee

Started by Bynw, May 20, 2021, 04:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

here is an update from KK on her knee

Just got MRI reading. There's a tear in the meniscus at the back of the knee. Will meet with surgeon in next few days to schedule surgery to fix it. Hurrah!
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Nezz

Ugh about the tear, but yay that the surgeon can fix it!

Laurna

OOCH! Wishing her the best in her knee Healing. Call Duncan and Alaric!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Yep, we need Healers for sure!  (Though I'm sure modern medicine will see KK safely through.)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Sorry to hear about the tear but good to know surgery can fix it.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

So sorry to hear about the torn meniscus. Glad it can be fixed, hope it can be done arthroscopically.  We need Duncan and Alaric to heal the tear for her, the least they can do for their creator. I hope recovery will not take too long and she will be back to full activity quickly. Bynw, let her know we are thinking of her and wishing her well.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DoctorM

Best wishes to KK and hopes for a quick and successful recovery!

DesertRose

Ouch!

I'm with DoctorM, hoping they can do arthroscopic rather than open surgery (recovery time is a lot faster with the scope), but OWIE.

Lord Rhys, where are you?  Your creator needs you!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

OUch! Never a Healer around when you really need one! But hopefully the surgery won't be too intrusive or lay her up for too long.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Bynw

Latest update: Katherine has an ortho consult appoint scheduled for June 9th. Who knows yet when the surgery will happen after that consult and of course rehab/recovery after the surgery. She's still at the rehab hospital since she isn't able to walk.

Laurna

I don't suppose we could send her flowers and/or a box of chocolates from the Castle residents. Bynw I can Paypal you an extra donation toward the gift.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on May 23, 2021, 02:19:47 PM
I don't suppose we could send her flowers and/or a box of chocolates from the Castle residents. Bynw I can Paypal you an extra donation toward the gift.

That's a good idea.  KK prefers dark chocolate to milk, IIRC.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DerynifanK

That's a great idea. I would also send an extra donation via paypal. Just let me know. It must be hard having to be in the hospital. Hope someone is watching out for her furry friends.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

That is an interesting idea. Will have to look into it.

And yes someone is taking good care of Gus and Booker.

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany