• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 337
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 10:52:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hello from Pittsburgh

Started by Ledaye, March 09, 2021, 07:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ledaye

Gretings

I am Chris Klug. I am a professor of game design and creative writing at Carnegie Mellon University here in Pittsburgh. I have been a fan of Ms. Kurtz since 1980, and I am also an avid tabletop RPG gamer and designer, having won a couple of awards for my work in that field.

happy to have found this site. Thanks for accepting me.

Chris

Bynw

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Rhemuth Castle. Lots to do an see here. Glad you could join us.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Welcome to the castle, Ledaye.

We enjoy creative writing and a bit of free forum gaming. So glad to see a KK fan of the original crowd. Do you have a favorite book or character?
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Welcome to the forum, Ledaye!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Welcome to the forum Ledaye. Lots to see and some really grest people. Glad you are joinng us.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Nezz

Hullo Ledaye, so glad to have another newbie on the forum! Hope you enjoy it and visit often. :)

DoctorM

Welcome aboard, Ledaye! New faces are always welcome! I hope you'll enjoy being part of the Castle.

Shiral

Welcome to the forum, Ledaye! I started out with the original trilogy too. My sister handed me her copy of Deryni Rising  one afternoon in the 1970's   and told me to go read it and stop bugging her. =o) She had no idea what she was starting with me. I still regard that one with a lot of affection.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Lochiel

Hi there fellow Deryni friend. Welcome aboard.  I look forward to reading your contributions to our discussions.
Slainte!
"And as they tread the ruined Isle,
Where rest, at length,
the lord and slave,
They'll wondering ask, how hands so vile,
Could conquer hearts so brave?"
Thomas Moore

Ledaye

Quote from: Laurna on March 10, 2021, 10:02:26 AM
Welcome to the castle, Ledaye.

We enjoy creative writing and a bit of free forum gaming. So glad to see a KK fan of the original crowd. Do you have a favorite book or character?

Glad to be here... Book? I found Deryni Rising really engaging. Character? An easy choice would be Alaric, but so many really speak to me. I think my favorite thing is the world itself; it feels so real to me. I laughed when you said "original crowd" -- It's so interesting to think that when these books first arrived, the fantasy shelf in the bookstores didn't really have many titles. They were revelations.

revanne

Hi, good to meet you.
I'm from the other side of the pond. I was introduced to the Deryni world in 1984 by a friend who knew that I would appreciate the fact that religion was taken seriously within the world and I devoured the first trilogy and then the first Camber era trilogy in the week I was staying with them. Preparing Internet days though I never linked up with any other fans until I happened on this site in 2013.
It's a good place to be.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DoctorM