• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,577
  • Total Topics: 2,737
  • Online today: 301
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 283
Total: 284
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 06:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So where did Feyd go?

Started by Bynw, December 27, 2020, 07:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Oh dear!  If  Brioc's elimination ends the Mearan question forever, what of Sidana?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

Quote from: Jerusha on March 30, 2021, 03:31:26 PM
Oh dear!  If  Brioc's elimination ends the Mearan question forever, what of Sidana?

Sidana's powers are blocked. The only known blocker in 11 kingdoms is Washburn in order to restore her powers. Kelson will see to it that she doesn't have a chance to wreck havoc. He has ordered the execution of others to prevent a Mearian uprising in the past. That would be the extreme option but there would be others all within his character.

It is safe to assume that she wont be an issue or have issue that would be a challenge to the throne. That only leaves Brioc since any other is getting too far removed from the Mearian line to be a legitimate claim.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

I'm happy to see more of him, just nowhere near Gwynedd.  In Balance of Power Evie suggested there was a southern island not discovered for many centuries after Kelson's time, complete with venomous animals.  Maybe Feyd could be an early explorer.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Oh my, what is Feyd up to now? Just how does he plan to "free" the Deryni? Although I have no sympathy for Brioc, I hope whatever Feyd has planned does not undo all the work Kelson has done to improve human-Deryni relations. Somehow, I have a bad feeling about this. I have never been really sure about Feyd but his Order is made up of assassins, medieval hit men. I can't feel that Brioc is the main target of Feyd's revenge.
I knew it was too quiet.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

Quote from: Bynw on March 30, 2021, 01:28:43 PM
It was several days later. Feyd had time to refresh and gather his thoughts before leaving the Nyford safe house. And now he sat at the head of the oblong table in the dimly lit room, some papers in front of him and in front of others that were around the table.

"We need to step up our program to free Gwynedd" he was saying to others. "They still have few Deryni priests so we can begin there. Get a few more Deryni ordained who would be sympathetic to our cause, and then there is the Schola in Rhemuth. It is still young and in need of many things including skilled Deryni instructors. Many are coming from Torenth or the Connait as it is since Gwynedd has a dearth, of skilled Deryni."

Feyd cuts through several objections and arguments. "We have long known that the Corwyn line had healer blood in it. And since Alaric Morgan, that healing power has returned to Gwynedd. And the youngest son, Washburn, can block Deryni powers. Something we long believed was done during the aftermath of the Haldane Restoration."

Again Feyd has cut through objections over the plans being laid before the others. Now he stands at his place at the table. "Enough! Now is the time we take action. For more than 200 years we have quietly watched from the shadows, taken little action save something here or there. Now is when we will begin to free Gwynedd and the rest of the Deryni of the Eleven Kingdoms from the yoke. And we will give his majesty King Kelson a gift."

He sits back down at the table. "Before the year is out. My best bloodhounds are already moving through the Mearan highlands. They will find that human fool Brioc who dared to cheat the Order. Even Lord Iain with his skills won't be able to find him, but my hounds will. The Order will end the Mearan question for all time. And King Kelson will be in our debt."
I wish we had some idea of what Feyd's plan is. What does he mean by "freeing the Dryni in the Eleven Kingdoms"? Sounds like he may send some of his order to serve as instructors in the Schola. Not sure how that would affect the instruction given. Is he planning for Deryni but not Festils to again rule Gwynedd?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Quote from: DerynifanK on March 31, 2021, 10:07:50 AM

I wish we had some idea of what Feyd's plan is. What does he mean by "freeing the Dryni in the Eleven Kingdoms"? Sounds like he may send some of his order to serve as instructors in the Schola. Not sure how that would affect the instruction given. Is he planning for Deryni but not Festils to again rule Gwynedd?

Feyd's plan is outside the overall scope of Ghosts of the Past. Maybe another game session/campaign that I run will answer more of that question.

He means just that ... freeing the Deryni in the Eleven Kingdoms.

They are very talented Deryni and will serve the Schola well. Gwynedd hasn't had any formal Deryni instructional institution in centuries. It will be good. Teach the Deryni children their full potential.

Well the Deryni DO rule Gwynedd currently. Kelson Haldane is Deryni after all through his mother and and some past ancestors too. Deryni blood has been in the Haldane line for a long long time after all. But in the direct context related to Feyd. That would be telling.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

Nothing like a gripping trailer for what is to come....
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany