• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

revanne

Today at 07:49:27 AM
Congrartulations Marc
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,626
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 291
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 151
Total: 152
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:04:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The coolest package in the mail

Started by Bynw, October 03, 2020, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

I posted this on Facebook but I really need to post it here too:

I received one of the coolest packages in the mail just before the weekend it. It came from my favorite author, Katherine Kurtz. A collection of a few bits of memorabilia of her works and a complete set of Deryni Archives the 'zine. Nicely 3 hole punched and in a note book. Love it.

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DesertRose

You, too?

Katherine must have been busy at the post office!  I got nine--count them, NINE--books on calligraphy.

I haven't taken many photos yet, but I will!

She's so lovely, Our Lady of the Stories.  <3   ;D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DoctorM

Very lovely! A great package to receive!

DerynifanK

Lucky you. What a great gift to get!  Are you still thinking about republishing the magazine now that you have  complete set? That would be a gift to all your fellow fans.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Those gifts are so cool! I love seeing all the magazine announcements for her books back when they were published. And the full Zine's, I have found 1-12 but not any above that. What wonderful collections, Bynw and DR.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Quote from: DerynifanK on October 04, 2020, 08:10:20 AM
Lucky you. What a great gift to get!  Are you still thinking about republishing the magazine now that you have  complete set? That would be a gift to all your fellow fans.

That is the plan. Since I now have a complete set that is not stabled together. It makes for easier scanning. 2021 will be a good year to have this available for all for the first time ever.

Jerusha

Wow, that's really great stuff, Bynw and DR.  KK is a magnificent, generous lady.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Wow! Bynw. That is so generous of KK and you to make the magazines available to so many of us who are devoted fans but never had the opportunuity to see the magazine. I am sure there are wonderful stories and lots of other information in them It certainly will make 2021 a banner year for Deryni fans. Now if we could just get rid of 2020 before it does more damage.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Imladris

Bynw

I took a closer look at the Zine's. It only has issues 1-10 but they are very scannable which is the good thing. I have issues 1-14 as well but they are stable bound. But that leaves issues 15-20something that still is missing

Nezz

That is some wonderful treasure you've acquired! Congratulations! :)

Kareina

Quote from: Bynw on October 04, 2020, 05:08:33 PM
I took a closer look at the Zine's. It only has issues 1-10 but they are very scannable which is the good thing. I have issues 1-14 as well but they are stable bound. But that leaves issues 15-20something that still is missing

I have issues 15 to 20.  15 to 19 are bound with those easily removed spiral plastic bindings, but 20 is a glued binding.  If you need these scanned send me a PM.  I would far rather have the full set in ebook format than paper...
--Kareina

Laurna

Kareina, I am so glad to hear someone has 15-20.
I have 1-14.  I look on Ebay periodically for the last ones, but no one seems to sell them. Nice that someone has them. I think Bynw might be interested in copies of the ones in spiral bindings. Wonderful.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

That is exciting Kareina. So happy to hear that you have issues 15-20 and are willing to share. For those of us who neven had the opportunity to see the zine or read any of the stories, it is a treasure trove to look forward to. Thank you so much.

revanne

Katherine is such a gracious and generous lady. And I look forward to lots of lovely reading in 2021
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)