• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:18:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Work In Progress: Cathedral

Started by Shiral, October 14, 2019, 01:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Your cathedral is amazing! So elegant and a place that would inspire worship. You have amazing talent and patience to create something so beautiful.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

You are an amazing and imaginative artist, Shiral!  The cathedral is beautiful.  Thank you for sharing.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Shiral, that Cathedral is wonderful!  Do Please, keep it out of the rain. Is this a commissioned piece of art, or if not, does this lovely edifice have a place where it will be shone off to the world? Perhaps at your local church, it could sit on a pedestal or high table for people to see during the Christmas season. Beautiful workmanship.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Shiral

Thank you all for your kind comments. The season and it's demands have taken a bite out of my time, but here is a new photo of the finished cathedral for you.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DoctorM

Laurna

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Shiral

And here is Duncan at the Cathedral doors. He's so pleased with his tour, he's letting his aura show. (There is no actual decorated interior, the exterior was enough work.) He gets to tour it because well, he's DUNCAN. I'm sure Sharon would approve.
Laurna to answer your earlier question, no, this is not a commissioned work. At this point I feel so attached to it, someone would have to pay me an awful lot of money to make me part with it.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Jerusha

Very fitting that Duncan got the first tour of such an incredible cathedral.  Best leave the interior to everyone's imagination.   ;)

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Love seeing Duncan at the door.  Evie will be so proud of Duncan's part in this project.

DerynifanK

Glad Duncan got the first tour of the cathedral. I know he will be happy to serve in such an elegant and and inspiring edifice. Great work Shiral
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

And seriously impressed he is wearing a purple stole for Advent.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)