• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 337
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 89
Total: 89
Google
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:05:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oh dear!

Started by revanne, May 21, 2020, 12:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Getting ready to live stream Compline the other night I jotted on a bit of paper that it was the feast day of St Dunstan (8th century Archbishop of Canterbury, noted amongst other things for tweaking the devil's nose with red-hot tongs) so that I would remember to mention him in the prayers.
When it came to the appropriate moment I looked down and realised I had written Duncan!

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

LOL.   Love it.  I will love to hear the story of how our beloved Archbishop Duncan of Rhemuth tweaked the devil's nose with red-hot tongs. (Hopefully giving no offense to St Dunstan of the 8th century.)
Now you must write this out. LOL
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Love it. Duncan can be quite mischievous. Wonder if he learns it from his cousin, Alaric. They are quite a pair
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

QuasiSparklz

This certainly gave me a chuckle! It's funny how our brains work sometimes.

DoctorM

Jerusha

Totally understandable, revanne!  Though Duncan might be a bit appalled at being elevated to sainthood (even if only temporarily).  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany