• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 04:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hello from Vic DiGital!

Started by VicDiGital, April 30, 2020, 09:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicDiGital

I THINK I was a member here eons ago, but I might have just been a serial lurker.  In any event, I'm official now.  Hello! 

I've been a huge fan of the Deryni series since the first time spying Deryni Rising on a Waldenbooks shelf back in 1983.  What caught my eye was actually that it was a Darrel K Sweet cover, and he was the top cover artist at the time, on the current (at the time) Lord of the Rings editions and The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant series.  So if HE was doing the cover, then this Deryni thing must be pretty important.  And it was.

I've read a jillion books in my life, but few of the characters ever became like friends, but Kelson and Morgan and Duncan and Camber and Joram and Evaine have stuck with me all these years.  And above them all, the only fictional character whose death ever made me actually cry, King Javan.  I think he's still my favorite fictional character.  You are MISSED, Javan! 

As much as I've loved this series, I haven't gotten to the Childe Morgan Cycle, choosing to wait until they were all out before diving in.  Well, it's been a few years since we hit that milestone and I need to hunker down and read it.  But... should I read all the other books again first?  I've forgotten more than I remember.

Looking forward to participating in the Zoom chats. 

Of all the Unpublished Books in literature that I most long for, "948" remains at the top of my list.  I want to know what happened.  I want to feel it when these old friends of mine (some of them, anyway, as I'm sure that 948 date isn't entirely accurate for some characters) leave this earth.  Yes, I know the Codex has info about a lot of this stuff, but I've steadfastly avoided any entries that hint at the true story of what happens in 948 until reading it (or knowing it will never be written) as a narrative work. 

Thanks for admitting me to your warm hall!  See you soon.

Bynw

Welcome (back) Vic! good to have you here in the great hall.
Take advantage of:
--The photo gallery.
--The multitude of forum posts. If something is very old and locked just make a new post for it.
--Also there is the weekly chat with Katherine herself on Sundays. This is a text based chat by tradition using IRC. There are number of IRC client links in the chatroom board  near the top of the forum if you dont have one of your own. Also the chat is mirrored and bridge between IRC and our Discord chat with a bot named Eris who will keep you up to date on what happens on the other side. The first Sunday of the month is "early" chat to allow a better time for our European members to get in on the chat. It's at 5pm ET. Every other Sunday it starts at 7pm ET. If an early chat changes we generally have a news announcement about it.
--Read the fanfiction
--If you want to WRITE your own fanfiction please check out the rules in that section first as Katherine is very open to fanfiction in her worlds and just have a few rules of what is not allowed. Also you can have your own board for just your fanfiction too.
--Check our ongoing play-by-post Deryni game in the Ghosts of the Past thread.
--That's just the tip of the iceberg here in the castle.

Enjoy your stay!
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Hello Vic, Welcome to the great hall of Rhemuth. Javan's world was a harsh world, yet we all do love the characters within that world. I do hope you find time to read the child Morgan series, it shows a memoir of how the world was before Kelson's reign and the build up to the changes that make Kelson's time so special in the Eleven Kingdom's history.
I hope you enjoy your time here at Rhemuth caslte and please join us in chat on Sundays.
May your horses have wings and fly!

VicDiGital

Thanks.  As to the chats, what time are those generally?  I'm very much up for a Zoom chat if and when that ever happens. 

Bynw

Quote from: VicDiGital on May 03, 2020, 06:45:10 PM
Thanks.  As to the chats, what time are those generally?  I'm very much up for a Zoom chat if and when that ever happens.

Chats are held every Sunday at 7pm Eastern Time. Except for the 1st Sunday of the month which is held at 5pm Eastern Time.

We will have a Zoom chat on Saturday the 16th of May at 2pm Eastern Time.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com