• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,559
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 327
Total: 327
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:06:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Frosted Orange Cookies

Started by Jerusha, March 30, 2020, 02:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

As requested during last night's chat.   :)

Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes
Makes about 4 dozen cookies

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon orange juice
1 tablespoon orange peel
Orange frosting (recipe follows)

1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl

2.Beat butter or margarine, sugar and eggs in a large bowl (I use a mixer) until well blended.  Stir in flour mixture, orange rind and juice until dough is smooth.

3.Wrap dough in wax paper.  Chill 1 hour.

4.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

5.Roll dough out to a ⅛ inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.  Cut out cookies using a 3-inch round scalloped cutter (plain works fine).  Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.

6.Bake in a hot oven (400 degrees) for 6 minutes or until lightly golden. (You may need to increase the time a bit depending on your cookie sheets or if the cookies are a little thicker.)  Remove to wire racks; cool.

7.Frost cooled cookies with Orange Frosting.  Sprinkle with finely chopped pistachio nuts or decorative sprinkles.  Let set until firm to the touch.  (I eventually store my cookies in the fridge.)

Orange Frosting:  Combine ⅓ cup softened butter or margarine, 3 cups 10X (confectioners') sugar, 1 ½ tablespoons orange rind, 3 tablespoons orange juice and a few drops of orange food color in a medium sized bowl until well blended. (I use an electric hand mixer.) 

Note:  for frosted lemon cookies, substitute lemon juice and lemon rind for orange juice and orange rind in dough and frosting.

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Yumm. I have orange juice and all the ingredients except for frosting. But I can make up some vanilla frosting from some powdered sugar. I intend to try this. I will let you know how it goes.
May your horses have wings and fly!