• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Lady Kyri

Started by DoctorM, March 20, 2020, 09:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorM

Just as a question, and because I'm bereft of the copies of the novels I had long, long ago--- what do we know about the Lady Kyri? What do we know about her origins, family, titles, life?

Laurna

I did not recall a Lady Kyri until I did find her in the Codex. Then I remembered who she was. I will quote the paragraph written there on page 152.

Kyri de Roiste, called "Kyri of the Flame," Lady
This Deryni noblewoman was born in The Connait on the VIth day of December in the Year of Our Lord 1093, being the second daughter of Liam Lord de Roiste and Jacinta lady O Coileain. She intermarried with Martel Lord Nykorik on the XXIXth day of July in the year 1127, and by him she had a child: the Hereditary Lord Karloman. She was appointed to the Camberian Council about the year 1115, but resigned her position on the IIIrd day of November in the year 1127, when she realized she was with child.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DoctorM

Aha! Thank you, Laurna! Very much what I needed to know!

DoctorM

Quote from: Laurna on March 20, 2020, 10:23:56 PM
I did not recall a Lady Kyri until I did find her in the Codex. Then I remembered who she was. I will quote the paragraph written there on page 152.

This Deryni noblewoman was born in The Connait on the VIth day of December in the Year of Our Lord 1093, being the second daughter of Liam Lord de Roiste and Jacinta lady O Coileain. She intermarried with Martel Lord Nykorik on the XXIXth day of July in the year 1127, and by him she had a child: the Hereditary Lord Karloman. She was appointed to the Camberian Council about the year 1115, but resigned her position on the IIIrd day of November in the year 1127, when she realized she was with child.

Just a brief note to thank you again--- I always try to be exact about things like birthdates and relatives, but without a Codex I'm relying on memory. Kyri, I'll note, was someone I read about when I first read the original Deryni trilogy. Developed a bit of a crush, actually. I think she may make an appearance  in a Two Kingdoms tale.  As a note, I see her rather as a younger Jessica Chastain. Casting film roles in my head, by the way, or imagining portraits--- Charissa I see as something like either the models Anja Rubik or Aymeline Valade. That height, at least. Still haven't been able to cast Christian in my mind's eye...though Aurelian might be a young Christoph Waltz.

Laurna

After looking up some images, I can see why you think Charissa could look like either one of those models. I think I like Aymeline Valade for Charissa.  The images I saw of Anja Rubik are with very strong makeup. But interesting choices.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DoctorM

I still have to find someone I can envision as Christian-Richard who isn't...well...me.

Shiral

Aymeline Valade looks more like my idea of Charissa. Just tossing that into the hopper. =o)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DoctorM

Quote from: Shiral on May 05, 2020, 11:38:44 PM
Aymeline Valade looks more like my idea of Charissa. Just tossing that into the hopper. =o)

Melissa

I very much agree. Now--- sigh ---if only I could draw, I'd do sketches of my characters.

DoctorM

Quote from: Laurna on March 20, 2020, 10:23:56 PM

I'm thinking that she'll make an appearance soon.