• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64
Baidu (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 05:34:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy Birthday HoundMistress!

Started by Jerusha, March 01, 2020, 12:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

It's your birthday again, HoundMistress!  Hope you have a lovely day.  Happy Birthday!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Nezz

Have the happiest of birthdays, oh Mistress of Hounds! :)

Laurna

Have a Wonderful  Birthday HoundMistress!
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Happy birthday, @HoundMistress and I hope you enjoy that marvelous cake @Laurna brought to the thread!  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Happy Birthday, HoundMistress! Wishing you a wonderful birthday
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DerynifanK

Happy birthday Hound Mistress. Hope you had a wonderful day.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! Love that hound cake, Jerusha!! The ladies at work gave me flowers, a card, a big piece of choc cake & $60. I said I would buy shoes with it and then they wanted to know if that was enough! I assured them it was. A very nice day all around, crowned by all your lovely wishes!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Jerusha

I must give Laurna credit for the hound cake.   :)  HoundMistress, glad you had a lovely day.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DoctorM

HoundMistress

Oh, sorry, Laurna! Don't know why I thought the cake was Jerusha, who is a very talented lady in her own right. It's a gorgeous cake!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Laurna

It matters not who brought the cake for our Mistress of the Hounds. Only that it has a nice virtual sweet taste. and everyone gets a slice.

I must ask what type of hound is your favorite hound. And too, which hound would you recommend for King Kelson and his Queen Araxie? Perhaps Gwynedd has had long enough peace to start its own favorite breeds. How about a big red IrishCassan Setter for Duke Dhugal? And we can give Kelson an Entlebucher Sennenhund  named Booker.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Shiral

Quote from: Laurna on March 03, 2022, 11:06:29 AMIt matters not who brought the cake for our Mistress of the Hounds. Only that it has a nice virtual sweet taste. and everyone gets a slice.

I must ask what type of hound is your favorite hound. And too, which hound would you recommend for King Kelson and his Queen Araxie? Perhaps Gwynedd has had long enough peace to start its own favorite breeds. How about a big red IrishCassan Setter for Duke Dhugal? And we can give Kelson an Entlebucher Sennenhund  named Booker.

Or perhaps a brace of Cassan Deer Hounds for his grace the Duke? Or some Dorna Collies to herd and protect the Earl of Kilarden's sheep? (According to a question I once asked KK, sheep and wool are a big part of the Mearan economy, especially in the Dorna area--plenty of good grazing land.)

Jerusha

I seem to remember a big deerhound snoozing with Kelric under a table in Shiral's Kelric story.  I think it was named Gryphon. 

-- Old English Litany

Shiral

Sharp eyes, yes there was.  :) I'm sure there are plenty of OTHER doggies in Corwyn, too. (Corwyn Corgies!)
Melissa