• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:57:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,485
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 138
Total: 139
Laurna
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Work In Progress: Cathedral

Started by Shiral, October 14, 2019, 01:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiral

This is my cathedral project, started in July, which became a standing structure as of today.
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

That is a beautiful piece of workmanship (or workwomanship), Shiral!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Truly beautiful. I am very impressed and I love it.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Shiral, that is an impressive structure and artistry.  I am presuming that all sides are painted, can you show us more from the other sides? Really neat!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Kareina

Oh, what a fun looking project!  Well done.
--Kareina

Bynw

@Shiral has made a lot of these buildings. She is really good at them.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Shiral

Hi everyone,
thanks for your kind comments.  More photos will be forthcoming from different angles when I get my fertilizer sufficiently coagulated to add them. If you are on FB, you can also see many more photos of this project as it has progressed  there:  Got to https://www.facebook.com/PapyrusAcres/ Scroll down to find the earlier pictures.

Melissa

Laurna

That is great, Shiral. Thank you for the facebook page. love all the detail pics.  Awesome work! ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Shiral on October 15, 2019, 12:04:20 PM
when I get my fertilizer sufficiently coagulated to add them.

Melissa

Bwahahahaha!  I love that turn of phrase!   ;D

It's going in my mental dictionary near "upwardly fornicated" for Ways to Swear Without Actually Using Profanity.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Here's another picture of the stained glass windows just to keep everyone from getting bored. I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out. It involved some fairly exacting work to make the "glass" which I did in photoshop on the computer then printed out on printable transparent plastic sheets, and the "Stone Traceries" which I also designed on the computer, but printed out, and transferred to watercolor paper, to fit precisely together. I'm quite stoked by the way my idea worked out so well.

Shiral

Quote from: Shiral on October 16, 2019, 01:35:06 PM
Here's another picture of the stained glass  rose windows just to keep everyone from getting bored. I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out. It involved some fairly exacting work to make the "glass" which I did in photoshop on the computer then printed out on printable transparent plastic sheets, and the "Stone Traceries" which I also designed on the computer but printed out  and transferred to watercolor paper, to fit precisely together. I'm quite stoked by the way my idea worked out so well.
Melissa

revanne

The windows are wonderful - just like mini replicas of the real thing.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose