• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Master of the Hunt terminology

Started by JediMatt1000, September 18, 2019, 10:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCat

Exactly! Each group - coven, congregation, what have you - has their own beliefs and rituals. What I experienced in Edinburgh is different than what I would have experienced in the Highlands, or what we saw in Lammas Night.  And some of those beliefs are believed to be pre-Christian.

Ritterton

Can I just say THANK YOU for this entire discussion?!  This is the type of things that I was hoping to come across.

Always felt that that phrase also connected to Cernunnos or that of the Wild Hunt of some of the Fey stories.  BUT, this is a great thread and thank you all for it.

WindyCat

QuoteIn the Welsh folklore, Gwyn ap Nudd was depicted as a wild huntsman riding a demon horse who hunts souls at night along with a pack of white-bodied and red-eared 'dogs of hell'. In Arthurian legends, he is the king of the Underwold who makes sure that the imprisoned devils do not destroy human souls.
From Wikipedia.

In his Arthurian aspect, Gwyn ap Nudd is basically doing what Adam does as Master of the Hunt.

In Lammas Night Gray dons the horned crown to represent Cernunnos on several occasions. In The Templar Treasure he tells Adam their roles, Man in Black and Master of the Hunt, are equivalent.