• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:50:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Morgan/Richenda wedding and their trust Issue

Started by Wren, July 01, 2019, 10:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Congratulations on your speed reading accomplishment.  LOL. I am glad you enjoyed the story, as I did. Sleep? Perhaps you can find some during the SCA hot afternoons between the morning jousting and the evening feasts.
Enjoy your event.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Kareina

In hindsight, I guess I did read it pretty fast, but I really couldn't put it down.  It felt like I was reading perhaps an hour or two. However, it also felt like I had to get up and pee and then refill my water bottle about every 5 minutes, but I suspect that it was really much longer in between interruptions.

This is an unusual SCA event, in that we will be spending the days on display to the visiting public, and in the evenings it will become a normal SCA event.  I will be in the craft corner, carving a soapstone pot, and explaining to any curious visitors that during the Viking Age everyone in (or from) Scandinavia cooked in soapstone, even if it wasn't available locally.  There won't be any jousting, of course, as that is strictly against SCA rules--no combat involving horses at all. 
--Kareina

Wren

It is a great story. I have read it a few times.
I think it is one of the most expansive of the Morgan/Richenda relationship.
Just love to read something about Their marriage itself and especially What happened when Alaric first brought her back. Maybe I will try my hand at it.

Laurna

I wish you well with your fanfiction. I think the reason why most of us started writing fan fiction is because we had a need to embellish on a certain aspect of our favorite characters and story. Good luck to you.

Kareina

Quote from: Kareina on July 09, 2019, 12:06:43 PM
There won't be any jousting, of course, as that is strictly against SCA rules--no combat involving horses at all.

It turns out I was mistaken. While the SCA doesn't do jousting, the weekend was a combined event with a variety of groups doing a medieval fair for the public, with an SCA event after the public went home, so there was, in fact, jousting.  Not that I saw any of it, since I was busy carving a soapstone cooking pot...
--Kareina

Laurna

I do hope the soapstone cooking pot was a pretty one and functional too.
A little jousting would be fun to see.  Hope you had a good week end.

Kareina

The pot is coming along nicely, though there is still lots to go with it (it is rather large). The event was fun, thanks!
--Kareina