• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,578
  • Total Topics: 2,737
  • Online today: 433
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 366
Total: 366
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:12:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

I'm sure Aliset will have some response to this scene. I just haven't had any time to start writing it yet.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Quote from: Evie on March 26, 2018, 09:40:17 AM
Quote from: revanne on March 26, 2018, 09:32:10 AM
Just reread it. I thought it was Washburn who was spitted but if I'm right this time it was Dolan. I can breathe again.

Yeah, upon re-reading that, it does look like it can be read either way!   :o  But since I very much doubt Laurna would kill off her own character without a catastrophic dice roll to force that action, I think we can safely assume it's Dolan who has been sliced open.
I was hoping that she was counting on their being enough healers and hero points around to rescue Wash but glad they are not needed.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: revanne on March 26, 2018, 09:56:24 AM
Quote from: Evie on March 26, 2018, 09:40:17 AM
Quote from: revanne on March 26, 2018, 09:32:10 AM
Just reread it. I thought it was Washburn who was spitted but if I'm right this time it was Dolan. I can breathe again.

Yeah, upon re-reading that, it does look like it can be read either way!   :o  But since I very much doubt Laurna would kill off her own character without a catastrophic dice roll to force that action, I think we can safely assume it's Dolan who has been sliced open.
I was hoping that she was counting on their being enough healers and hero points around to rescue Wash but glad they are not needed.

If someone has just been skewered from breastbone to spine, which I think would mean straight through the heart/lung area as well, I'm pretty sure they'd be beyond the help of the entire Gabrilite order. We might need to bypass Saint Camber and call on Gabriel's or Raphael's direct intervention instead, and God only knows how many hero points that would cost!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Bynw might think we were cheating or something ;)
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: revanne on March 26, 2018, 11:12:38 AM
Bynw might think we were cheating or something ;)

LOL nope. And it would cost many Hero Points. How many do you all have? How many does your family have? Hmmmm still not enough.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Opps,  No Not Wash!
Sorry if that was even mistakenly read that way. That is what happens when I finally finish a scene off at 3am in the morning. I had worked on the scene for three days on and off. Rewriting most of it last night from 10pm, when I got home, to 3am. The last part was such a shocker to even me that I just posted it. I had planed all along for someone to take out Rayne before he could revel Lord Buckley.  Never once, however, had it occurred to me that he would revel Princess Sidana. Not until he actually did it. I think everyone in the room was so surprised, as was I, that the steward jumped forward to stop him and then the steward killed himself so as not to be a pon to the Deryni TruthReading.  It all happened rather quickly in my writing last night. sorry to confuse.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Sorry to disappoint poor Dolin. He did manage to avoid being Truth-Read or Mind-Seen, but I guess he's never heard of Death-Reading.  ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

I was wondering about that.  And Lord Buckley can't very well object.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

I had to read it twice to catch on that Dolan skewered himself on Wash's sword. The information  from the death reading should be helpful but wish they could get to Rhemuth
Of course first they have to get out of their  current situation. More twists and turns. Also wondering where Kelson's two spies are. Every post raises more questions  for me. Great writing! There used to be an old radio program  called Suspense. That would be a good subtitle for this as there is certainly  lots of suspense .
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

and they are out of the frying pan and into the fire .... and it's not my fault at all :)

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on March 27, 2018, 07:23:38 AM
and they are out of the frying pan and into the fire .... and it's not my fault at all :)

Yeah, we do nearly all the work for you, don't we?   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on March 27, 2018, 08:36:54 AM

Being storytellers and writers yourselves. It takes a lot of load of the GM. I dont have to create encounters and adventure hooks for you guys. You do quiet well on your own. I just have to every now and again nudge you in the proper direction.

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on March 27, 2018, 08:58:13 AM

Being storytellers and writers yourselves. It takes a lot of load of the GM. I dont have to create encounters and adventure hooks for you guys. You do quiet well on your own. I just have to every now and again nudge you in the proper direction.

Or just spook Laurna with the mere mention of merasha bolts, so I can wake up the following morning to find a new scene that jolts me awake instantly thinking "OMG, what fresh hell have we landed in NOW?!"   :o ;D  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

Quote from: Evie on March 27, 2018, 09:33:29 AM
Quote from: Bynw on March 27, 2018, 08:58:13 AM

Or just spook Laurna with the mere mention of merasha bolts, so I can wake up the following morning to find a new scene that jolts me awake instantly thinking "OMG, what fresh hell have we landed in NOW?!"   :o ;D  ;D

Alternate Game Thread Title:  "Oh dear heavens, what now?!"   :o ;D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)