• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,571
  • Total Topics: 2,734
  • Online today: 237
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218
Bing (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 06:25:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoundMistress

Ah, that's it! Feyd has nearly an unlimited source of disguises to wander around in the palace. If he wants to kill anyone, he will, but I want to think he just wanted to see the reunion of the Morgan family and observe various others in the castle. He has an agenda, but he is also human, or Deryni, rather, and I'm sure he is sometimes just curious as to how things will go.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Bynw

Quote from: HoundMistress on July 13, 2021, 12:18:52 PM
Ah, that's it! Feyd has nearly an unlimited source of disguises to wander around in the palace. If he wants to kill anyone, he will, but I want to think he just wanted to see the reunion of the Morgan family and observe various others in the castle. He has an agenda, but he is also human, or Deryni, rather, and I'm sure he is sometimes just curious as to how things will go.

Remember that Feyd is an assassin, he's not a murderer. Killing for the sake of killing goes against his ethical code. Killing in self defense that is permissible. Killing for money or a cause is also permissible. But not some random murder because he can.

If he isn't under a contract or cause. Then he will only defend himself like anyone. So the only question is ... who, if anyone, is the target for an assassination to benefit what cause and how much did they have to pay for Feyd to do it himself. Or is he just there for the party like everyone else.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

In this case, he is here to see that his agenda is given a gentle push in the right direction. I suspect his curiosity is what set the timing for him to be at the window at just the right time.  The man does have to know everything that is going on for his agenda, whatever that may be, to succeed. It is obvious we have not heard the last from Feyd.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Nezz

Oooh, was that it? Is that the end? Everyone seems so happy, as they should be!

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

I thought it might be the end, too, so maybe when the last post is made, whoever makes it could put "The End" or something similar? I loved this piece of the story Laurna! Had a little tear myself when Alaric appeared to Wash, Kelson & Richenda. So moving!!.Thanks!
Judy Ward

Nezz

Quote from: HoundMistress on July 13, 2021, 02:10:55 PM
Had a little tear myself when Alaric appeared to Wash, Kelson & Richenda. So moving!!.Thanks!

Yeah, that part was especially nice! :)

Bynw

those are great compliments to Laurna. Give her a applaud for her Karma on that post.

Laurna

Actually please thank all the ladies for seeing Alaric beside his king before I did. but once I realized he was there, I was as breathless as Washburn.

DerynifanK

Out of curiosity, I looked them up. Assassination is killing a prominent public figure, may or may not involve payment. Murder is the unlawful killing of any person. Both result in death for the victim. I'm not convinced that Feyd is an honorable or good person although he does not appear to be all bad. He does keep his word and he did restore Wash's memories as he promised. Although I don't think it was just because he liked him. He wanted Wash to survive with memories intact, including that blocking power, for his own reasons. Wish we knew what they were. However, as a member of the assassins, he is basically a hit man. Really don't think having him present is a good thing for anybody. As I said before, a puzzle, wrapped in a mystery, inside as enigma.

"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

The definition there is for today's modern world. Assassinations haven't always been a prominent public figure. And if the assassin is a member of some sort of assassins guild. It is always for money. Otherwise it could be for a cause and the assassin is just another fanatic.

a dark city street. a man in an alley near a tavern lies dead in a pool of his own blood. the killer stands triumphantly over the man's corpse. as he lowers his bow that he just used to kill the man. another steps out of the shadows who watched the confrontation.

"So, did you do it for money? Or are you just a murderer?" the shadowed man asks

the above took place in my "D&D" world many years ago during an adventure. the killer was just a murderer. and the shadowed man was a member of an assassins guild.

Laurna

very well and good, but does the assassin's guild pay much attention to who and why someone is paying them a lot of money to do something. That person is most likely a fanatic: like Valerian.

Laurna

It does my heart good, to hear the sweet laughter of Saint Melangell. I am much pleased with the friendships and kinships which Columicl thinks on from this long journey. I am glad his feet did start on that path to Rhemuth. As for narrow cold beds, I am sure when he comes visiting, we could find him a thicker warmer bed to sleep in.

Jerusha

Columcil will always have a bed warmed by a simmering brazier and a tankard of good ale waiting for him at Caer Mariot.

And a pair of little lassies wanting to hear his stories about St. Melangell as they sit on his lap.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Beloved Columcil! I'm sure none of his companions will forget him. So nice for him to hear his Saint's voice confirming he is not forgotten by her. Very sweet!!!
Judy Ward