• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,559
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 336
Total: 337
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the scene. Thanks to Laurna for her map and her description of the arrival of Wash and Aliset in Rhemuth the first time. Also thanks are due to KK for her description of the planned Schola in KKB I drew on both for my scene.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

3 more great additions to the game/story! Loved them! Ladies, you are all excellent writers!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

HoundMistress

Nice piece about Columcil, Revanne. I just know he has a lot more depth than we know if so far.
Judy Ward

Laurna

QuoteBut, sweet Saint Melangell, riding into Rhemuth felt like riding into a beautiful cage.

And a very busy and productive cage too. To say the least, it would be difficult for any boarder lad who still had his sharp-cornered personality to deal with the such a big city. I think Columcil's fierce and wild side has been moderately tempered by his experiences, at least around the people he cares for, but I am guessing that those sharp corners are not gone.  I look forward to learning more about Columcil's future and his past.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

What a lovely piece Revanne. It is difficult for Columcil in Rhemuth. You can take the lad out of the borders but you can't take the border out of the lad.  I am glad he has agreed to attend the Schola to learn more about his healing powers but I do not see him ever being happy in Rhemuth or away from the common folk who are dearest to his heart. I also hope that perhaps he will return to Ballymar with Dhugal who will find a place for him in his beloved borders.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

I think Columcil is every bit the priest his friends believe him to be, but the borders are where his heart and faith belong.  A short time at the Schola will be all to the good, but I understand the desire to move on from there.  Well done, revanne!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Great writing again DerynifanK
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Nezz

*whew* Didn't think Kelson was too likely to be harsh with the kids, but you never know what the weight of the crown might command its wearer to do or say.

Laurna

Quote from: Bethane on April 17, 2021, 10:16:21 PM
*whew* Didn't think Kelson was too likely to be harsh with the kids, but you never know what the weight of the crown might command its wearer to do or say.

I agree with you Bethane. I am just glad he said Sir Washburn. At the very least the king still considers Wash a knight of the realm. That and the fact that Wash has not been sent with Haldane Lancers to guard his person, (though I am sure they are guarding the halls beyond Duncan's apartment) is most reassuring.

Thank you DFK for getting us to settled in the castle. I particularly like the King's grave gaze with the slight twitch in the corners of his lips. Nicely done.

DerynifanK

Thank you for a beautiful scene Revanne. I am anxious for the resolution of the relationship between Kelson and Washburn. I think Wash will understand the decisions that Kelson had to make as king to protect and preserve the kingdom. And Wash will be grateful not to be in trouble which seemed to be what he always expected. Wash has also matured and changed so the man Kelson meets now will not be the man he knew before. I think Kelson will appreciate his changed knight.

HoundMistress

What can Kelson be planning to help Wash back into the fold? Good piece, Revanne!
Judy Ward

Laurna

Oh! That catch my breath away! Thank you Revanne!

DerynifanK

And then there is Fiona. I definitely think she will be part of Wash's future.

Jerusha

revenne, you have me on the edge of my chair.  Whatever does Kelson need two strong squires for?  Waiting impatiently to find out!

-- Old English Litany