• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

I didn't see that ending coming either and then it just sort of happened, and I knew it was what it needed to be.

Thanks for your kind words.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

I was surprised at that ending too. I was thinking the one left would surrender but I can see why Vilmos made the choice he did. I would think that no one will be willing to serve Valerian. Just curious, in thinking about Valerian's escape, do we want to have Valerian removed on a semi permanent basis, maybe back to Byzantium.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Good addition to the game. I was surprised Vilmos killed himself, too. He was thinking positively about his chances with the Haldanes but must have been afraid to trust them, either. I think Valerian deserves to be executed.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

revanne

I'm sure Kelson is pondering which of the gates of Laas he wants Valerian's head to decorate.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Hello Judywward. My suspicion is that Baron Vilmos has been a long time retainer of Grand Duke Valerian. Likely for decades. He may be loyal to Valerian by his own choice, or perhaps he owes Valerian a debt, say for saving his family and/or keeping them safe. Whatever his backstory may be,  Baron Vilmos would not be one to easily turn informant on the Grand Duke. He may have no love for Valerian, however Valerian does evoke loyalty among his men. Vilmos proved this by not turning on Valerian the moment he learned the Grand Duke had lost his powers. Therefore, surrendering to Prince Javan was out of the question. Vilmos did the only honorable choice left to him. As for Sir Georgios? Well, we shall never no. This is medieval war after all.

Hi DerynifanK, I don't see Valerian turning tail and running home to Byzantium. Not yet. Remember he has two older brothers who may not look at him too kindly after his failure at Laas. I am thinking that Valerian wants one thing right now and one thing only. And that is to get his powers back at any cost. And I will not speculate just how is plans to accomplish this feat.

Revanne, also would be the contemplations of Javan, Rory, Brecon and Kelric. And Wash would be gratefully in their debt if they succeed. ;)

May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Valerian can only get his powers back by one of the following things:

• Wash restores his powers
  • Another blocker/healer is found in the 11 Kingdoms
  • A blocker/healer is found in Byzantium
  • A ritual is developed to restore his powers

I don't see #1 happening, the odds are highly against it at this point.
I don't see #2 happening, the number of healers are still very low in the 11 Kingdoms and have been for centuries, let alone another blocker showing up.
#3 is a possibility, but then Valerian would have to deal with his family who might just leave him blocked as a punishment
And lastly #4 is probably his best option. However it will take many months if not years to develop that Ritual and he will need a place to hang out until then. And someone might hire assassins to go after him.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

Nice rounding off Laurna - it's good to have a storm on your side.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Well done, Laurna!  I enjoyed this very much.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

I did read your latest scene after you posted it, DerynifanK, but then we received the news about Jasta and I overlooked the fact that I had not commented. Nice job getting Valerian to Castleroo; too bad there was no tar to go with those feathers!   ;D

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Quote from: Jerusha on October 28, 2019, 03:36:20 PM
; too bad there was no tar to go with those feathers!   ;D
Haha, I am wondering what his man servent is daring to think, while cleaning up all those feathers. Now that he knows his lord is human and can no longer read his mind. I am thinking he is starting to think all kinds of independent thoughts that he had never thought before.

Good chapter DFK.

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Well all I can say is Valerian isn't out of danger yet. He has to make it back home to be safe. Once there he will regain his powers eventually. Either another healer/blocker will surface and be able to restore him, or a ritual will be developed in a few years and restore him. But he has to get there first.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

WOW! I would say that this is one heck of a birthday present for Jerusha. Not sure how much trouble Gregory Dunstan is going to get into, but he will have praise from Washburn when all is said and done.
A game changing scene, DFK.  Well done!

Jerusha

Yes, DFK, the loss of Valerian is the best gift ever (though Valerian may have a slightly different view of the matter).  Well done!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Very glad to see the end of Vslerian
(Psalm 46 v1)