• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:29:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 249
Total: 250

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Quote from: DerynifanK on October 26, 2018, 06:22:23 AM
I agree, Judyward. Just a notè,Teymuraz  is dead , this is his son Valerian.. He is just as bad though.

Valerian is worse, He murdered Alaric.**cry  :'( ** And now he is after the rest of the Morgan family. 
I agree that we need to make certain he does not get his powers back.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Well we know of only one way to get a blocked Deryni powers back. Another blocker has to restore them. So unless he knows one somewhere in the East he is just out of luck. Or unless he knows some kind of Ritual that can restore his powers.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Quote from: Bynw on October 26, 2018, 11:34:34 AM

Well we know of only one way to get a blocked Deryni powers back. Another blocker has to restore them. So unless he knows one somewhere in the East he is just out of luck. Or unless he knows some kind of Ritual that can restore his powers.

I was afraid you might say that.
There is a trait in the Trait List called "Awaken."  We know that Camber had this trait, And I think Evaine had it too. Which means any number of the descendants of Camber, ( of which the list is vast, just look at my charts) could have a possibility of carrying that trait. Some of them even live in Torenth or the East.
I am afraid to even think that a Ritual of Awakening could be used to reverse a Blocked person. And now that I mentioned it, it is out there, isn't it.   Darn, darn, darn.

Bynw

Quote from: Laurna on October 26, 2018, 11:47:18 AM

There is a trait in the Trait List called "Awaken."  We know that Camber had this trait, And I think Evaine had it too. Which means any number of the descendants of Camber, ( of which the list is vast, just look at my charts) could have a possibility of carrying that trait. Some of them even live in Torenth or the East.
I am afraid to even think that a Ritual of Awakening could be used to reverse a Blocked person. And now that I mentioned it, it is out there, isn't it.   Darn, darn, darn.

Never say stuff like that in front of a GM.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on October 26, 2018, 11:52:54 AM
Quote from: Laurna on October 26, 2018, 11:47:18 AM

Never say stuff like that in front of a GM.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

* Evie shakes her head slowly and reaches for the roll of duct tape to bind Laurna's fingers together so she'll stop giving Bynw ideas....   ;D ;D ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DerynifanK

Laurna, why oh why did you tell bynw that? Don't we have  enough problems?  Really hope Valerian  cannot find anyone with that trait. Hope his loss is Permanent
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

WOOOPSY!

Sorry I have a tendency to type what I think.

Jerusha,
You have me laughing. Which is a very good thing this morning after dealing with some much other difficulties having to do with crashed computers at work all day yesterday, and dad's crashed computer today.

I needed that wonderful scene.

Thank you.

(P.S.  I doubt I gave Bynw any ideas that he hadn't already thought of. At least I hope I didn't. Sigh)

DerynifanK

Poor Wash. He is free physically of that awful dungeon but he is still a prisoner of those altered memories. I so hope someone can help him. But first Iain or one of the others has to convince that those memories are false, altered from his real ones by his captor. Hopefully, having seen Sidana's memory altered will help convince him.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Sidana's memory hasn't been altered. She is just being controlled. Much the same way Washburn is still under compulsions to obey.

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on October 28, 2018, 09:07:20 AM
Sidana's memory hasn't been altered. She is just being controlled. Much the same way Washburn is still under compulsions to obey.

Sidana's memories weren't changed extensively, but Wash saw them altered during the escape scene where they found the Portal room (GotP post 573, I think).

Quote"Release her. She won't scream, will you, my Queen of Meara?" Washburn did as he was told; whether he agreed or not, it was not his decision to make.  "My Queen," Iain continued, "I just saved you from this man. He was a traitor. Wanted you for himself, he did. I made sure he didn't touch you. Remember how he tried to touch you?"

Washburn watched the girl's face change as her memories changed. She was filled with confusion. She knew what Iain said was untrue but could not refute the image he had planted in her mind. This gave the Lendour knight pause. Could he honestly believe anything that he thought he remembered to be true? Three men had been in his mind, and who knew what notions they had planted there. Was any of this even real? Or was it all contrived? Perhaps he was already in a merasha-induced coma and just making up this escape in his dreams. How realistic was it that they had actually captured the pretender queen? Wash didn't know, all he could do was carry on. The ending would be the telling of it all.

IIRC, that was put in there deliberately to raise doubts in Wash's mind and make him more likely to accept the possibility his own mind had been tampered with.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

HoundMistress

What great writing, ladies! I know the captor said that Wash's true memories would return so I hope that happens soon. I'd favor a match between Sidana & Wash, but that might play into the hands of future Mearan Separatists. Waiting eagerly for the next installment. Oh! forgot! Why didn't the girl just go tell her guardians what their son is planning?
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on October 28, 2018, 09:36:31 AM
Quote from: Bynw on October 28, 2018, 09:07:20 AM

Sidana's memories weren't changed extensively, but Wash saw them altered during the escape scene where they found the Portal room (GotP post 573, I think).

Quote"Release her. She won't scream, will you, my Queen of Meara?" Washburn did as he was told; whether he agreed or not, it was not his decision to make.  "My Queen," Iain continued, "I just saved you from this man. He was a traitor. Wanted you for himself, he did. I made sure he didn't touch you. Remember how he tried to touch you?"

Washburn watched the girl's face change as her memories changed. She was filled with confusion. She knew what Iain said was untrue but could not refute the image he had planted in her mind. This gave the Lendour knight pause. Could he honestly believe anything that he thought he remembered to be true? Three men had been in his mind, and who knew what notions they had planted there. Was any of this even real? Or was it all contrived? Perhaps he was already in a merasha-induced coma and just making up this escape in his dreams. How realistic was it that they had actually captured the pretender queen? Wash didn't know, all he could do was carry on. The ending would be the telling of it all.

IIRC, that was put in there deliberately to raise doubts in Wash's mind and make him more likely to accept the possibility his own mind had been tampered with.

I stand corrected .... but yes not really a change, just a false memory added. To make the pretender queen more manageable. Washburn's memory manipulations were far more extensive and deep.

Oh and I like that last bit too. This could all be a dream sequence while Washburn is at the tower ruins with Feyd. Hard to say if it's real or not.

Laurna

Wonderful, DeryniFanK! 
Now that your in the pond, How do you like the water?  Feels invigorating, doesn't it.
Can not wait to see more of Fiona, I believe she will be a great addition to our game/story.
Let us take a few laps around the pond. There are no Lock Ness monsters here.

Mhahahaha
Oh wait, that is for Bywn to say, not for me to say.

I shall say, we will rescue Fiona and resolve your guardian's problems. Somewhere, somehow we will see it through.

Jerusha

Good scenes, Laurna and Derynifank!   And there's nothing like getting that first post out there and finding out the water is fine!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)