• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:04:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109
Google (AdSense) (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Help!!!

Started by Storyteller, September 19, 2011, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storyteller

I am an English teacher in Idaho and need to buy 110 copies of Camber of Culdi--It's out of print.  I have had so much success getting reluctant readers to read that I am in need of new materials--I got Camber of Culdi approved then found out I couldn't order them.  Help!!!!!!

Evie

110?!  Yikes, yes, I can see why you might have a problem locating that many.  You might try used bookstores--the major one in my area often has KK's titles in stock--but usually they only have two or three copies of the same title in at the most, not large quantities.  I don't think it's available yet in ebook or audiobook either, although some of the other titles (the King Kelson era ones) are.  Maybe that might be a solution, if you'd be willing to switch to Deryni Rising or one of the other books in that time period?  Or the books in the new Childe Morgan series are definitely still in print.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Storyteller

Thanks--will keep these alternatives in mind.

Shiral

Try  using www.alibris.com

Good online used bookstore. With 110 copies to round up, I doubt this is going to be a one-stop shopping trip.

Also try www.powells.com. Powell's City of Books is like the Holy Land for finding used books. Another resource would be www.bibliofind.com.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!