• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 16, 2024, 09:30:50 PM
that's fine Revanne
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,628
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 10:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Packing for Retirement

Started by Evie, November 20, 2015, 10:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

I've been packing my personal belongings a few items at a time and bringing them home from the office so there won't be a big rush to pack and move them on my last day of work, or as much likelihood of me accidentally leaving something behind because I tried to get everything together in one big rush.  So this morning I brought Mini-Nigel with me to help me with this task.  You can see his efforts here:  https://www.flickr.com/gp/9573389@N08/8A1665. Be sure to click on the first picture and use the side arrows so you can see the photos and their descriptions in sequence.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Mini- Nigel looks like he has everything well organized. He can tie a mean bow on the tapestry pillow, has the "Dealing with Depression" posters ready to hand to your next costumer, and best of all, he can sharpen his lance... oh umm... Evie's pencil to a nice fine point. ;D  He's looking good as he helps out.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Laurna,  I thought of a lance too-it even had a pennant.  ;D
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

;D LOL Revanne, that is exactly the way I saw it too.  ;D

Jerusha

I like  the tapestry pillows, Evie.  I'm sure stringing paperclips is good training for dexterity with a dagger.  He'll have his pages doing it next.   ;D

Is that a little dragon sword in the third to last picture?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

It's a dragon pen, actually.  It's out of ink, and I can't see a way to refill it, but I've held on to it because I think it's pretty.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

ONE DAY LEFT!  Wow, Evie. Make it a happy day at your last day of work. An make sure you do not leave mini Nigel or mini Duncan behind.  ;D

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on December 03, 2015, 08:52:22 PM
ONE DAY LEFT!  Wow, Evie. Make it a happy day at your last day of work. An make sure you do not leave mini Nigel or mini Duncan behind.  ;D

Thank you! No worries about them being left behind.  I have packed and brought home all of my personal belongings already, with the exceptions of my coffee mug and coaster, my phone charger, a coat hanger, and a mouse pad. Tomorrow after work, those will be the last things I carry with me as I walk out the door.  Even my framed picture of Rhemuth came home with me tonight, and a box containing my African violets.  I won't have any time to work on crafts tomorrow, since I am training a temp to take over some of my duties until a permanent replacement is hired (possibly her, if she does the job well enough during this temp period), so all of the littles will remain safely at home.

However, during the packing up I managed to find a tiny porcelain sugar bowl lid I'd lost from a 1:6 scale tea set, so that was nice!

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Happy retirement, Evie! 

Now on to the things you enjoy - and did I hear mini-Duncan mention a Camber chapel?    ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

LOL! Thanks so much! And I love that cake! ;D

I have some stuff I need to finish doing around the house before I can do a lot of craft stuff (or there won't be any room to do the craft stuff!), but hopefully I can crank out a small project or two before I have to go job hunting again in January.

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Enjoy a well-deserved break before practical reality intervenes again
(Psalm 46 v1)