• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 16, 2024, 09:30:50 PM
that's fine Revanne
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,628
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 08:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ubi sunt omnes?

Started by Elkhound, May 13, 2015, 09:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

Congratulations, Jerusha!  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

AWESOME!
Joining in the Happy Dance!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Congratulations, Grandma!  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

Quote from: Jerusha on May 13, 2015, 02:05:13 PM
News on new grandson:  born at 1:41pm may 13, 2015. 7lbs 14 ounces 19.5 inches and absolutely perfect.

*happy dance*

Hooray! Welcome little guy, wishing you long life, health and happiness. Congratulations to your parents and grandparents.  :D

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

revanne

congratulations - welcome to the world little one and blessings to the family :)

Laurna - that sounds exciting, hope it all goes well.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Quote from: Evie on May 13, 2015, 09:54:16 AM

(And I must have spent too much time with Gwyneddan priests in the past few years, since I understood that subject line despite not having taken any Latin classes!)

The teacher who talked me into taking A level Latin classes always said they would come in useful.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Elkhound

Quote from: Shiral on May 13, 2015, 01:24:32 PM
I suspect the Duke and Duchess of Laas go through numerous dishes. =o)
Maybe I should see if the Duke is out hawking in search of some peace and quiet.
Melissa

Now that Oksana has gotten what she wanted--herself a duchess, her daughter a princess--she may calm down a little.

Of course, she's at the age to be going through The Change, and that makes some women crazy.

revanne

Quote from: Elkhound on May 14, 2015, 07:09:06 AM

Of course, she's at the age to be going through The Change, and that makes some women crazy.

::) Have you checked out the ages of the female posters on this forum  ::)
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: Shiral on May 13, 2015, 01:24:32 PM
I suspect the Duke and Duchess of Laas go through numerous dishes. =o)
Maybe I should see if the Duke is out hawking in search of some peace and quiet.
Melissa

Now that Oksana has gotten what she wanted--herself a duchess, her daughter a princess--she may calm down a little.

Yeah. If you had frequent power surges, trust me, you might go a bit mental too.   ;) ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Quote from: revanne on May 14, 2015, 07:47:44 AM

One does not ask a lady's age.

Elkhound

Quote from: Evie on May 14, 2015, 08:03:29 AMYeah. If you had frequent power surges, trust me, you might go a bit mental too.   ;) ;D

Several years later, my mother asked me if she had been 'difficult' during that stage.  I said, "No, Mother; at the time I thought you were just being a Soprano."  (Mother, in her youth, trained as an opera singer.)

As a woman of "a certain age" AND a former soprano, you STILL get a love tap with an anchovy for your previous remark, Elkhound.   :P ::) However, Oksana's reputation suggests she drove everybody a bit around the bend all her life for having ideas of her own worth that were out of proportion with her actual social status.   8)

Melissa

Evie

Quote from: Elkhound on May 14, 2015, 08:54:59 AM

True, though if one takes a discreet peek at our profiles, generally that information is in there unless the lady in question chose not to add her birth date to the profile info.   :)

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

It's also on the calendar if one chose to place one's year of birth in one's profile.  :)

(You can put your birthday in there as month and day only, if you want us to celebrate your birthday without telling the year.)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Quote from: Elkhound on May 14, 2015, 08:54:59 AM

That gave me a good chuckle this morning.

This morning I am going crazy looking for hook and eye tape.  I would swear I had some. I so wanted to cheat and not put the hook and eyes on by hand.
And yes,  I just may be in that crazy lady stage of life.  But then I can not ever remember Not being crazy, at least a wee-bit crazy all the time.  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on May 14, 2015, 11:09:26 AM

This morning I am going crazy looking for hook and eye tape.  I would swear I had some. I so wanted to cheat and not put the hook and eyes on by hand.
And yes,  I just may be in that crazy lady stage of life.  But then I can not ever remember Not being crazy, at least a wee-bit crazy all the time.  ;D

Hook-and-eye tape is getting harder to find than it used to be, I swear.  I was looking for some a few years ago and could NOT put my hands on any anywhere.  The closest thing I could find was bra-band extenders.