• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 98
Total: 99
JudithR
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Campaign for the canonisation of Jorian

Started by revanne, March 09, 2015, 04:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Quote from: revanne on March 11, 2015, 04:20:21 AM
I suspect that Arilan is going to have support from a possibly unexpected quarter and I already have an idea about the miracles.

I am looking forward to this!  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Phooey on all y'all.  :)

I now have just under 1000 words of a story on how Jorian comes to be canonized, largely at the instigation of our favorite curmudgeonly Bishop Arilan.

And I'm still stalled on 1366.

And I need to go to sleep; it's 1:00 a.m. my time.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Oh nooo, you poor thing, having to stay up late to get 1000 words of a story down in one night, while I sit here with writer's block, unable to figure out how to start my next scene, which has been patiently waiting for weeks! If only I could take your burden from you . . . . ;) ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

LOL, well, some of this story is your fault anyway, Evie, since you were helping me brainstorm.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Story of my life. I can come up with ten thousand ideas for someone else's story before I can come up with ten words to string together into a sentence for my own. :)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Curlytop

According to my codex, Jorian was:
    Born on 26 December 1083 (clashes with St. Stephen)
    Priested on 1 August 1104 (clashes with Lammas)
    Executed on 11 November 1104 (clashes with St. Martin).

The only notable date in his history which does not clash is that of his trial (1 September 1104) so possibly that coould become St. Jorian's Day.