• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 16, 2024, 09:30:50 PM
that's fine Revanne
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,628
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39
Total: 39
Baidu (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 09:11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rupert

Started by Elkhound, February 23, 2015, 08:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

I hope he feels better soon, and in the meantime, that he gets as much comfort from his human as his human has received from him.  :)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Poor Rupert. I hope he is better soon
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Elkhound

Turns out he's constipated.  The vet says to give him Miralax powder in tuna juice and canned pumpkin in wet food.  If he's no better by Friday, I should bring him back in.

Poor thing!

DesertRose

Well, that's at least nothing too serious as long as it resolves soon.  I hope the Miralax and pumpkin work and he doesn't have to go back to the dreaded vet.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Poor baby!  I hope everything comes out OK...so to speak....   ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Ha!  I'm going to go out and run some errands.  Perhaps he'll drink his Miralax and eat his pumpkin while I'm not hovering.

Laurna

I have learned something new. I never would have thought of pumpkin. I wonder if it was part of a medieval physicians remedies?
May your horses have wings and fly!

Elkhound

Quote from: Laurna on February 24, 2015, 12:58:01 PM
I have learned something new. I never would have thought of pumpkin. I wonder if it was part of a medieval physicians remedies?

I'll defer to someone who knows better, but aren't pumpkins a new-world crop, like tobacco and potatoes?

revanne

Don't think they are native to the UK - not sure about warmer parts of Europe?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Haha!. Forgive me, I do believe your are right. That is why we Americans have pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.   ;D
Never-the-less, I do hope it has helped your ginger, purring, furry, warm water-bottle.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

I think they are native to North America.  Though Gwyneddan pumpkins might have migrated over with those chipmunks and antelope in the Codex....  ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

My SIL gives pumpkin daily to her springer spaniel to keep her regular. Any cat I ever had would've needed to have it mixed in the stinkiest possible kitty food before they'd consume it.

Hope Rupert is on the mend. Poor kitty.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Elkhound

Unfortunately, he's no better.  He wouldn't take either the pumpkin or the Miralax mixture.  I finally went and got a syringe and forced most off it down his throat.  That was about an hour ago, and nothing has happened.  He's gotten on the box a couple of times and TRIED, but without result.

DesertRose

Poor kitty.  I hope he's able to use the box soon.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

These things do take time, but I hope all is well, soon.

Warm cuddles may help both of you to relax in the meantime.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany