• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 05, 2024, 07:53:01 PM
If you have any questions about it Marc just PM me
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,597
  • Total Topics: 2,740
  • Online today: 353
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 321
Total: 321
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 04:35:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy Halloween!

Started by Evie, October 31, 2014, 10:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Happy Halloween!  By day, I am a mild-mannered administrative assistant, but by night (and on Halloween), I become....

Beautiful flamingo by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

The FLAMINGO!!! ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

Wow!  What a fantastic costume!  You have totally nailed the flamingo look.  :D

All the little kids here that are going Trick or Treating in "Frozen" costumes are thrilled - it's snowing!

Happy Samhain to all!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Aaaaah! That is so great!
Happy pink flamingo day to you!
Pink feet and all! LOL!

Jerusha get out that long fur-lined cloak when you go out tonight. Enjoy!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

My boss wasn't sure if we'd all actually show up in costumes or not, so she made us satin superhero capes and brought matching masks and Trick-or-Treat bags.  I got a hot pink cape to go with my ensemble, so now I'm truly not just "a" flamingo, but "THE Flamingo"!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

The Flamingo, here to rescue the day!

So cool!

DesertRose

Evie, that is an awesome costume.  I'm going to be a pirate tonight, but I'm not dressed up right now.  If I remember, I'll take a pic once my costume is on and post it.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

YEEEESSSS!  I won't be the only lunatic showing up here in costume!  ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Three cheers for The Flamingo! It's not every super hero who can battle evildoers and restore civil order while standing on one leg.

If I can wrangle it tonight, I'll post a few pictures, to, though I gave my fave costume away as a 40th birthday gag gift.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

DesertRose

As promised, here I am, Halloween night in costume.  I'm a lady pirate, and I was actually on a pirate ship when the pic was taken.  A friend and I went to St. Augustine and took a pirate cruise for something to do for Halloween.  :)

ETA:  Okay, I can't seem to upload the photo in the message thread, but it's in the gallery under The Fans of KK, right here:  http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=214
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

That sounds fun, DR!  Unfortunately I can't see the photo; the link appears to be broken, at least on my computer.  :(

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

I'm having issues getting the photo to upload decently here, but it's on my Facebook, and I think I have you as a friend on Facebook.  :)

Laurna

I can see the photo. That looks like fun. Hardy har har, ode to sailing the seven seas, matey!