• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 05, 2024, 07:53:01 PM
If you have any questions about it Marc just PM me
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,594
  • Total Topics: 2,739
  • Online today: 353
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 08:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Incompetent Fanfiction writers.

Started by Elkhound, February 11, 2014, 11:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

It reminds me of being taught to sing. Having been told to shut up as a child so not as to spoil the sound I had a massive hang up and it wasn't until someone with both passion for music and compassion for people took me in hand that I dared open my mouth. -Evie reminds me a lot of her if you replace music with words (but maybe music too?). I still needed to do the spadework and learn the basics but it was the encouragement that came first. From time to time in my church we used to have an old organist who made me feel a fool and then it all went again, the choir smile encouragement at me and most of the time I can hit the note.

So now to be brave and try to follow Evie's kind instructions for uploading pictures...

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Aerlys

It's heartbreaking how one critical person can have such a crippling impact on others. Sadly, my oldest had a teacher like that, who took my happy, eager learner and robbed him of all self-confidence. Unfortunately, this teacher damaged a bunch of kids before getting fired. It has taken years of encouragement and patience to get him over it, though in some areas he still struggles.

I would never, never berate anyone who needs help grasping a concept. Sometimes it just takes a new approach, a bit of creativity, and a bit of patience. 
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Quote from: revanne on February 12, 2014, 01:42:17 PM
So now to be brave and try to follow Evie's kind instructiontroubles for uploading pictures...

If you run into trouble,  let me know.  It can be tricky the first time,  but once you figure out how it's done, you shouldn't have trouble after that.  And Flickr sometimes makes things needlessly complex, so if you need a simpler place to upload photos to,  I can scout around for a more beginner friendly photo hosting site.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

Evie

ROFL!   I was star- craving mad and in the feeble position by the time I got done with that!  A masterpiece!  ;)  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

I'll be aweighing more words of wit with baited breath!  ;D
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Will you be eating minnows or worms?   ;D

Only in Alabama can you find a vending machine for live bait right outside a pizza joint.  I kid you not!  I took pictures.  Unfortunately they were on my old phone, and I forgot to upload them to the Internet before it died.  Maybe I should go back and take more....   ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Night crawlers, definitely.  :D

Hilaire Belloc

Aerlys

Hey, I stumbled upon a website that I have found to be both informative and entertaining: http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/

Search "eggcorns" for amusing examples of acyrologia in daily life.

Acyrologiaphobics, unite!

Hilaire Belloc

Curlytop

Quote from: Evie on February 13, 2014, 10:10:09 PM
ROFL!   I was star- craving mad and in the feeble position by the time I got done with that!  A masterpiece!  ;)  ;D
Beautiful - as was the original.

For some correctly spelt and punctuated product revues check out some of mine here.