• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Marc_du_Temple

Today at 03:03:41 PM
He could hop on the one I failed to mention but would be important to have for someone travelling from town to town frequently.
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,664
  • Total Topics: 2,744
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 20
Total: 21
Laurna
Facebook External hit (2)
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 25, 2024, 04:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snowpocalypse 2014

Started by Evie, January 29, 2014, 12:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

:) Thanks Aerlys - blue skies today  :)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Elkhound

It is snowing heavily today; hardly anyone is in the office.

Laurna

I am hopeful that Evie is getting her MRI as I write. And that afterwards, she will find the roads clear to get home safe without being stuck in traffic or having to walk the last mile in the ice.
I'm working on transporting my warm weather to negate your cold one. May need more power from other spell casters though.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Thanks, Laurna!  Your efforts seem to be working.  There is still a very pretty covering of snow on our grassy areas, but the roads were almost completely clear this morning as we made our way in to work (after a delayed opening, so we didn't have to be at the office until 11:00 am, giving the roads time to thaw in the rising temperatures).  My MRI appointments are at 3:00 and 4:15, and they're in a building that's within walking distance of my office, so I don't anticipate any difficulty in getting there.  Nor do I expect that the roads will freeze back over before we can get home tonight, if at all.  Weekend temperatures are supposed to have highs in the 60s (Fahrenheit) again.  If you live in the US South and you don't like the winter weather, just wait five minutes and it will change.   ;) 
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Aerlys

That is great news! I'll keep up the prayers and weather-weaving spells.

I hope and pray the MRI really gets to the bottom of things, Evie, so you can finally be on the mend.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc