• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Marc_du_Temple

May 15, 2024, 09:31:38 PM
Thhank you all. Just read an artcle on medieval color theory to make sure I get my FS guy's color scheme thematically appropriate.
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,628
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 618
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 178
Total: 178
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 01:33:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good news!

Started by Elkhound, December 05, 2013, 11:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiral

Congratulations on the new job, Elkhound!  :)

It must be a huge relief and a source of great satisfaction, to you.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Elkhound

AAAAARRRRAAAAUUUUGGHH!

Showed up on what was supposed to have been my first day and was told that because of a paperwork mixup I can't start until January!

Laurna

Oh that is so maddening. Just hold on, January is only two weeks away.

That happened to a friend at my job. Turned out to be some papers they forgot to give her to sign.  So see if it is something you can help with, and then sit back and know the new year will bring a good job and a paycheck.

May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Good grief!  That would be very frustrating.   :(

At least January is not far away.  Have a good, comforting cuddle with Rupert.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

I can definitely understand your frustration!  At least they didn't do what happened when my husband got his present job.  They didn't even begin processing his electronic HR documents until he started to work, and since that document has to go through the entire approvals process before the end of the first pay period, he had been working for nearly two months before he got his first "monthly" paycheck!   And two months after start date is a heck of a long time to wait to be paid after two years of unemployment, especially if the new job is a high stress one with long work hours.  So hopefully the delay at your new workplace means that they are getting all their paperwork duckies in a row before you start work, so that you'll get your paycheck when it's actually due rather than having to wait for it.

I have no idea why Hubby's workplace didn't bother to send through his HR documents until after he started work there.  In my office, I'm the one responsible for processing those documents for all new staff, and if I hadn't started the ball rolling at least two weeks before the employee's start date, the head impaled on a wooden stake would have been mine!   ::)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AnnieUK

Oh! I was away when this thread happened so I missed your news, Elkhound. Congratulations, and I hope things go more smoothly from now on. And congratulations to Rupert on his new home, too.

DesertRose

That is frustrating, Elkhound.  I'm sorry to hear that people don't have their ducks in a row.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Aerlys

Oh, man, Elkhound! Talk about a Monday! At least you didn't start your week this way: 

This morning we received a letter from the IRS stating that we owed them $9997.00, due on Dec. 30th!!! :o

Our accountant has assured us that this is a paperwork snafu on the part of the IRS (they didn't see/receive the back page listing our dependents, and they also overlooked our extension paperwork). But still, who wants the IRS breathing down their neck at Christmas? Makes Scrooge (pre-ghosts) seem warm and cuddly.

Ah well, relax and enjoy the holidays. You'll be busy enough before too long. At least you know the job is yours.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Elkhound

Thanks, everyone.  The practical effect is that I won't get paid until mid February.  Fortunately I'm receiving a residuary from my late father's pension and also have the rent from my tenant, but still. . . .

lenni

Quote from: Elkhound on December 05, 2013, 11:26:43 AM
After about a year and a half of unemployment, I've been offered a job, and have accepted.  It is with the State of West Virginia, so there are some bureaucratic hurdles before it is confirmed, so I won't give any details until then.

Whoo-hooo! Congratulations, Elkhound!

Kathleen/Lenni