• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 361
Total: 361
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:35:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy Birthday Evie

Started by Laurna, December 05, 2013, 05:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

It's my turn to sing "Happy Birthday to Evie!"

Just so you know "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." ;D

Jessa, Washburn, Marlena, Muir and Me wish you a wonderful happy day!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Happy Birthday, Evie!  Bishop Duncan has promised to stop by and use his Healing powers to ensure your shoulder doesn't trouble you today.  :)

Beautiful work, Laurna!  I especially like the embroidered stags on the tunics.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Happy birthday, Evie!  May it be a lovely day full of fun (and cake, or whatever yumminess you want).
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Thank you, everyone!   ;D  Laurna, glad to see that someone else has caught the Mini-Deryni bug... LOL!  Like Jerusha, I love the embroidery on the costumes, and their little furnishings too.  (Though the books are reminding Father Nivard that we need more miniature books for the Rhemuth Castle library, so now he's going to pester me all day about that!) 

Jerusha, Duncan is welcome to stop by anytime, but especially if he can use his Healing powers on me!  The arm hasn't been bothering me as much this week, so I am hoping those exercises and the medication are finally starting to pay off a bit, but it's still a little achy even on the best of days, and I'm trying hard not to do anything to overexert it.

DR, I think Hubby has got some sort of fine dining plans for me in the near future.  Not sure what else he might have up his sleeve, or what my kids might get up to.  Although my son presented me with this little surprise last night....

Birthday Surprise by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I'm...um...not quite sure what to call this.  It's not exactly an action figure.  An inaction figure, maybe?  At any rate, since I'm pretty sure it was never meant to leave the house, I plan to tape it to the dashboard of my car this evening, like some sort of weird voodoo anti-theft device or what-not, and then leave it there long enough for him to notice it....  *evil smirk*
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Aerlys

Happy Birthday Evie!       Happy Birthday Evie!        Happy Birthday Evie!
I know you're also a Star Wars fan, so I went searching for the perfect cake:

(I know, the decorator misspelled your name, so I got is at a discount...)

I recruited a little help lighting the candles:

Your birthday it is. Happy it must be!

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

What, you didn't know Aidan is my middle name?  Don't worry, I didn't either.   ;D

That stormtrooper holding up the blazing torch while shielding his eyes looks like an unfortunate event just waiting to happen! 

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Happy Birthday, Evie! =o) Pretend the Storm Troopers are over at my storybook cottage hanging Christmas decorations and baking a birthday cake in the shape of Rhemuth Keep. Yeah...that's it! Seriously, hope that sore  shoulder calms down soon, and hope the coming year brings you lots of action figures with which to populate a miniature Deryni universe, and enough great tiny-patterened fabrics and trimming to clothe them in the appropriate style.   (Gwynedd after all is not a nudist colony.) And may all the doll heads on stakes on display in your work area give somebody you don't particularly like a well-timed anxiety attack.) =o)  The title of Dimples the Avenger must not be allowed to die.  ::) ;D

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Jerusha

"Dimples the Avenger" and heads on stakes, a potential flaming cinnamon roll, a foil inaction figure riding on the dashboard....  That's what birthday memories are made of! Or the start of a very interesting Christmas carol!  ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

cynicalmedic

No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?
David Gilmour/Richard Wright/Nick Mason

Evie

Thanks for the birthday greetings, everyone!  Here, have a slice of the birthday cake my daughter made for me:

Birthday cake by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Wait,  what?  I'm not 87!   :o  (My daughter couldn't find the other number candles,  so she improvised.  So she says,  anyway.)

Birthday cake by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

The cake has rainbow-colored layers on the inside.

* Evie passes plates and forks around. 

Enjoy!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Oh, my, my!
I'll bet there was much merriment at the birthday table. What artful ingenuity. Good job!

hmmm...
(I want tell you I have a fear of blue food.)  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

I'll leave the blue layer out of your slice then, Laurna.   :D

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

My daughter made a rainbow cake, but it was a complete pain in the neck.  The top layers kept trying to slide off, especially as more of the cake got eaten.  :)

Anyway, looks cool, although I'm not sure I could handle that much sweetness.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Wow Evie, 87 and eating rainbow cake!  You're rockin' those decades! ;D ;D But why wasn't I TOLD that you go from 50 to 87 in one year??? =o)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!