• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:24:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Brandon Sanderson mentions KK on his blog

Started by AnnieUK, September 04, 2013, 02:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

Not sure if I'm allowed to post on here, but none of the other categories seemed to fit.

Brandon Sanderson won a Hugo at Worldcon at the weekend, and he has posted his feelings on receiving it to his blog. He talks about how he first got involved in fandom, and mentions KK particularly as having been generous with her time and encouraging him.

Full post is here
http://brandonsanderson.com/hugo-awards/

I'm a big fan of Sanderson, and I was thrilled to see that KK had been there at the start!

DesertRose

Yes, I think this was a fine place to post that.  I'm sure Katherine would like to know that Sanderson appreciates the help she gave him back in the day.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Alkari

What a lovely tribute to KK, and shows us once again what a great person she is  :)   

AnnieUK

I listened to a live video chat with Brandon Sanderson last night, and he mentioned Katherine again. Seems like that conversation with her was a really big deal for him, back in the day. And since the Stormlight Archives are my current obsession, it's nice to think that KK played a part in getting it written!

DesertRose

That's awesome!  I wish more authors were as approachable as KK is.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Congratulations to Brandon Sanderson on his Hugo. He sounds like a great guy. KK gave her encouragement to a worthy recipient, clearly.  ;)
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!