FanFiction > Pretender's Gambit

Pretender's Gambit- Chapter Four

<< < (2/4) > >>

revanne:

--- Quote from: Laurna on April 11, 2017, 03:07:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: revanne on April 11, 2017, 05:02:34 am ---So are there two healers?

--- End quote ---
Considering the family relations involved it is not an impossibility.
--- Quote from: revanne on April 11, 2017, 05:02:34 am ---Good to have a mention of Joram even if only as a memory.

--- End quote ---
Just for you Revanne did I ask Rhylen to give mention of his great uncle Joram. I am glad that you noticed.

Thank you for thinking of me, I did notice and appreciated it very much.

The family relationship is what made me wonder whether there were in fact two healers.

Regarding who needs protecting from whom - not long after I went to my previous parish in a very rough area I was told by the Archdeacon that the diocese had received  an angry letter from someone asking what were they thinking of to send a poor defenceless woman into such an area. His comment to me, with a grin, was that he had never met anyone less in need of defending.
--- End quote ---

Laurna:

--- Quote from: revanne on April 12, 2017, 08:58:22 am ---
Regarding who needs protecting from whom - not long after I went to my previous parish in a very rough area I was told by the Archdeacon that the diocese had received  an angry letter from someone asking what were they thinking of to send a poor defenseless woman into such an area. His comment to me, with a grin, was that he had never met anyone less in need of defending.

--- End quote ---

That is awesome.  Even more awesome is that from what you have said in the past  you have made good friendships there.  I do hope that whoever wrote that letter got to know you well. Perhaps just to protect you in the beginning, but then to learn what a fine--not defenseless-- lady you are. At least that is what I have come to know of you through these little forum pages. If ever I get to England I would love to share an afternoon tea. Speaking of which, I would wish you and Evie could meet up when she goes to Europe next month. Unfortunately, there will be a wide English channel between you. So close, yet so far.

revanne:
Alas the letter writer lived in a far distant part of the diocese and would not have thought of setting foot into such a dangerous place.

Afternoon tea would be lovely, though I fear any denizen of Rhemuth  Castle who makes it to these shores might soon be running for cover as I drag them from one historical site to another. And sadly you are right, I shall simply have to wave a tea cup in a friendly fashion over in Evie's direction. Many millenia ago the Thames was a tributary of the Rhine and I could have paddled fast to come alongside but no longer. And Brits are not the most popular of people on the Continent right now, but let's not go there!

Meanwhile how is chapter 5?

DerynifanK:
Great chapter,, left me, as always, wanting more. Loved the information  on the family lines and especially the mention of Joram. Can't wait till next Tuesday .

Jerusha:
revanne, if I ever get to travel across the pond, I will be happy to be dragged to every historical site you can think of!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version