• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:24:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Quote from: DerynifanK on September 27, 2018, 02:07:00 PM
Where did Sidana get Deryni powers ? Ithel definitely  was not deryni and I didn't think there was deryni blood in Brioc's line either. Just curious. Cool that Wash remembered  from that scroll how to block deryni power. A little concerned about how he will use that ability considering the state of his mind. Wish we knew what the trigger is to restore his memories before he does something  that could get him killed.

She got them from her mother's side of the family. I knew there was at least a small chance that her mother and/or her grandmother (the one who had the affair/alleged secret marriage with Ithel) was either Deryni or at least had some form of Deryni-like trait such as the Second Sight and other similar powers known in the Borders.  (See Ciard as an example of a Borderer with such powers.) So I rolled for it, and sure enough, Sidana has powers, or at least the potential for them, although she is completely untrained, with only rudimentary shields at best, and probably doesn't even know she is Deryni.  (I'd bet my last buck that Valerian knows, though. He would want that in his future brood mare if he marries her to take over Meara.)

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DerynifanK

Heaven help her if she marries Valerian . No way that could be a good thing for her.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Great writing! The plot is moving right along, now! Will Iain hold Sidana II as hostage?
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Great writing  Laurna. Will Brendan meet Iain and Wash, and what will happen if he does? I really hope Wash's memories will be restored before something bad happens. Wonder if Feyd might come  back through the portal looking for his ward cubes and find himself trapped, unable to leave, at the mercy of Sextus and Brendan. Would like to see him on the receiving end for once. That would be an interesting  situation. This just gets better all the time.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

@DerynifanK

Rest assured that Feyd's fate and whereabouts will be revealed. Just that the postings are out of sync as far as time is concerned. We have several events happening out of chronological order or even happening at the same time as one another. So as soon as things are a bit more in sync what ever happened to Feyd will be revealed.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

HoundMistress

What a nice piece of writing, Laurna! The story is coming right along!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Evie

QuoteBut the great work is almost done and the time is finally at hand after 2 centuries of waiting and training. Vengeance will be had and the Deryni set free.

Hm. Interesting. If Feyd doesn't think the Deryni are sufficiently free in Kelson's day, what would he have made of conditions in King Donal's time or earlier? Or is he referring to Deryni located elsewhere? Or wanting to bring back a time when Deryni were not simply free as other folk, but were masters over humankind?

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bynw

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

::rubs hands together and cackles out loud::

revanne

I truly hope that Feyd's Order has not sprung from the Michaelines in exile. Jorum would have a thousand fits.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: revanne on October 01, 2018, 03:55:17 PM
I truly hope that Feyd's Order has not sprung from the Michaelines in exile. Jorum would have a thousand fits.

Feyd's Order were not originally Michaelines

DerynifanK

I am disappointed  that Feyd sensed he should not reuse that portal. I really wanted him to be the one caught this time. Also really wish I knew who he is after. Aliset plans to scry for the owner of the cubes and Feyd is scrying for his cubes. What can possibly go wrong?Can't wait to find out what happens  next.

DerynifanK

That was an evil laugh Bynw. Gave me  chills

Jerusha

OK, Laurna, I am now officially sitting on the edge of my chair.  Yikes!  What's to come next?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany