• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Authors helping authors.

Started by Laurna, May 18, 2015, 01:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

I am not sure if it is appropriate to bring up other fantasy authors on the Deryni forum, but there is one other author that I follow regularly and he has made a unique proposal that I just have to share with the writers here.

He is self-publishing his next book in November to beat the deadline for a contractual 5 book series that is being published starting next year. (Which, by the way, I am anxious to read.) But in this self-published book, he has put out a contest, if you like to call it that, to publish an unknown author's short story (4000-7500 word count) with his novel. Like in the old days when you saw a short film with a feature film. The author's name is Michael Sullivan and the self-published novel will be titled The Death of Dulgath which will be his ninth novel in the fantasy Riyria stories. (If you have not heard of these, Riyria is set in a medievilish human world with two rogue characters, a pretty princess, a mix of sword fights, magic, elves and dwarves, and a lot of thievery.) The details for this offer are here;  http://amazingstoriesmag.com/2015/05/extending-helping-hand/   

I know for a fact that there are several very talented writers on this board. It would be awesome if some of you could submit an original short story. Leave the fan-fiction world for a moment and go find your own tale to tell, and may you have great fun and luck in your endeavor!
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Sounds a really great offer and thank you for sharing. Maybe he or someone equally generous will come up with something similar when I'm retired :>)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)