• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:34:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 237
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 227
Total: 227
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy Birthday, Evie!

Started by Jerusha, December 05, 2014, 05:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Thanks, Judy! He's actually a Porg, which is a creature from Star Wars.  (The island they were using in some of their scenes had migratory puffins that lived there several months out of each year, which they didn't know when they started shooting scenes there, so once the puffins returned, they had to figure out what to do about the thousands of birds in every scene. It turned out to be much less expensive to CGI-mutate them all into cute little alien Porgs than to try to erase them completely and replace the bird-shaped holes with proper backgrounds.)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

Woo hoo!  It's your birthday again, Evie!   Hope you have a very happy birthday!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Happy birthday, @Evie !

In honor of a Halloween costume you wore a few years ago:

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Bynw

happy birthday to our one and only @Evie ... hope your day is good
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Have a Happy Flamingo Birthday, Evie!

I will be happy to have a slice of cake when you give it a cutting.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Shiral

Happy Birthday, Evie! Whoop it up, it's your day to howl.  (Okay, maybe don't do it anywhere you want to project an impression of professionalism.) But do something you really love at your earliest opportunity! Here's some cake to get you started.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DoctorM

I apologize if I missed a birthday--- but... Happy Birthday, Evie!

DesertRose

I have been remiss!

Evie's birthday was yesterday, and my brain was telling me it was today.

So belatedly, happy birthday, Evie!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Evie!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Oh dear me! How did we ever let this pass us by! I was just going through old birthday posts a few days ago and thought to myself I need to find a birthday cake. I guess it just took an extra day to bake, what with the horns and all. LOL

EVIE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Belatedly that is!
May your horses have wings and fly!

DoctorM

DerynifanK

Happy birthday Evie. Hope you had a great day. Maybe you should adopt my friend John's philosoply. His birthday is in August and he celebrates throughout the month. Sound like a good idea to me. Again, happy, happy birthday.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Shiral

Happy Birthday, Evie! We miss you!
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Nezz

Hello Evie, and happy belated birthday. I've never spoken to you, but i've read several of your stories and lots of your comments and you seem like a fun person who deserves lovely and happy birthdays. :)

Jerusha

Another year and we are back again to wish you a happy birthday.  Happy Birthday, Evie!  Hope your day is the best ever.

-- Old English Litany