• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 263
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 01:17:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hey, Im new and so glad to find this site!!

Started by Betsy1777, July 07, 2018, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betsy1777

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad to join your forum.  I've been an avid reader for years and was given The Adept series years ago and enjoyed it very much.  Through the years and so many moves the books were lost and I couldn't remember the names of the characters or the author.  I knew enough of the situations in the novels that a local librarian was able to help me with the title and author.  After I read that series again I started on the Deryni series and found new characters that I love.

I live in Odenville, Alabama and am retired so I have more time to read.  Besides reading I play World of Warcraft and enjoy cooking.  Not sure what else to say, but I can't wait to get to know people here.

Betsy

Evie

*Squeeeeeee!* You're in Odenville? I'm in Trussville! Welcome, neighbor!  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Welcome to the Castle, dear Betsy, avid reader you.
Glad to have you join us.
I to have played World of Warcraft, since its beginnings 14 years ago. Though I admit I have played much less of it this year. I already pre purchased the Collectors expansion that comes out in August.  and I have played some now that the transition to the expansion is up. I always like the transition period. I play trolls, by the way, For the Horde.

Enjoy your time exploring Rhemuth Castle, there is a lot here. I showed up once and seemed to have never left.
I am reading the Adept series for the first time, myself. Though I admit I am taking it slow. (Other things keep me occupied)
May your horses have wings and fly!

Demercia

Welcome Betsy,
I'm one of the castle's inhabitants from over the Pond.   I don't get as much time as I would like to pop in here, but it's a great place to be. 
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

revanne

Welcome Betsy.

I'm likewise from over the pond. Good to have someone else to join in the fun.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Shiral

Welcome, Betsy. We certainly approve of your choice of authors, here. So tell us, what are your views on cats, chocolate, afternoon tea and ice cream? =o) Lots of admirers of Alaric Morgan and Duncan McLain, not to mention Camber MacRorie.

Melissa/Shiral
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DesertRose

Welcome to the Castle!

We gather in the chat room on Sunday evenings, usually around 7 pm US Eastern, but on the first Sunday of the month, we chat at 5 pm Eastern to allow revanne and Demercia and several other fans in Europe to participate without having to stay up until Ridiculous O'Clock their time.  This evening, KK won't make it due to a prior commitment but we'll be there, and she should be back next Sunday evening.  Come join us if you like!

Glad to have you!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Welcome to the forum, Betsy!  Glad you have joined us.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

Welcome to the community Betsy! Come join us in the chat as mentioned by DesertRose. The chat is actually available 24/7 just that Katherine usually comes in on Sundays but has been known to drop by on occasion at any time.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com