• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

St Camber's Tiger - Chapter 5

Started by Alkari, January 18, 2011, 03:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

That's an abominably cute kitteh.   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

derynifanatic64

Quote from: AnnieUK on February 25, 2011, 07:09:21 AM
bumpity bump for cute kittehs in first post. :)
Quote from: Evie on February 25, 2011, 08:52:49 AM
That's an abominably cute kitteh.   ;D
Kitteh?  Don't you mean kitten?
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

AnnieUK

Someone is suffering from a lack of icanhazcheezburger in his life, obviously.  ;)

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

derynifanatic64

You learn something new every day!!

That is a very cute little kitteh!! 
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jared

I'm just sorry this was never contiued. I just read it.
SCA: Baron Jared Alexandre Blaydeaux

Evie

I think Alkari meant to end the story here, though if I remember correctly, Tiger makes a cameo appearance in at least one other of her stories, if not more.   :)

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

Quote from: Jared on January 12, 2014, 04:56:37 PM
I'm just sorry this was never contiued. I just read it. 
I'm so glad you liked it Jared :)  but Evie is quite correct - Chapter 5 was the end of this story which, despite the title, was really about Briony discovering her Healing powers.   It was just that  Tiger 'helped'!  Naturally, in my happy little fic world he lives on into feline old age as a much-loved pet, who continues to provide appropriate snoopervision and assistance to Alaric, Richenda and Briony, whether or not they ask for it!    ;D

Mcath

Oh this is lovely but then I'm a sucker for cats and cute kittens.  :D Mind you I'm now left thinking how does someone find out if they are a healer. Maybe I need to go back to the 1st novel to see if there is anything about Rhys Camber son in law.

Elkhound

The pictures of Tiger look like my Rupert, who is about 8 months old.

Aerlys

Quote from: Mcath on January 21, 2014, 05:53:38 AM
Oh this is lovely but then I'm a sucker for cats and cute kittens.  :D Mind you I'm now left thinking how does someone find out if they are a healer. Maybe I need to go back to the 1st novel to see if there is anything about Rhys Camber son in law.

Ah, then you should pick up a copy of Deryni Archives, and read the first story, "Catalyst." This will satisfy both your love for kitties and your curiosity about Rhys! Of course, you'll enjoy the rest of the stories, too.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Elkhound

Quote from: Mcath on January 21, 2014, 05:53:38 AMMind you I'm now left thinking how does someone find out if they are a healer.

If the person is from a known healer line, 'back in the day' it was possible to detect a potential healer and guide him/her, although this knowledge has been lost in the series' 'present'.  The usual way is by accident---someone is sick or hurt and there is no healer about, so the person tries and finds he can.

LeDuc

It's a cute and funny story. It does make me wonder why the two cats in the neighbor always seem to come by my home when I'm outside sitting in the sun reading or relaxing, sit and my feet and just purrrrrrrrr away.