• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:16:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 252
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 231
Total: 231
Google
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Quote from: DesertRose on May 28, 2019, 12:33:47 PM
Quote from: Bynw on May 28, 2019, 12:28:52 PM
Quote from: revanne on May 28, 2019, 11:06:37 AM
#@*@!!!!

This was the best one :)

Are you proud of yourself, @Bynw , for making a priest swear?  :P

(I'm just messing with Bynw.  ;) )

Actually, two priests swear.

That's me and Columcil together 😁
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Oh dear! Oh dear! I am in trouble!

Sorry, I don't curse often, especially on line(like never before), but this is one of those exceptions!

How am I supposed to roll a successful disadvantaged roll with all these Torenthi dice around. Those Go Fudge it cards are going to get very expensive very fast.

((Revanne, your first response made me laugh hysterically.))

Editied the bad words. it was kind of driving me crazy that I had put them here.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Obscene situations call for obscene language.  ;)

Don't get me wrong, here; I understand well.  In games I've played in the past with Bynw running them, I have proven myself the submariner's daughter I am and said many, many unprintable words.

And given Wash's current situation, well, see above.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Bynw

Quote from: revanne on May 28, 2019, 12:37:46 PM
Quote from: DesertRose on May 28, 2019, 12:33:47 PM
Quote from: Bynw on May 28, 2019, 12:28:52 PM
Quote from: revanne on May 28, 2019, 11:06:37 AM
#@*@!!!!

This was the best one :)

Are you proud of yourself, @Bynw , for making a priest swear?  :P

(I'm just messing with Bynw.  ;) )

Actually, two priests swear.

That's me and Columcil together 😁

Those priests are in good company with others that I know.

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

The ruby was a nice touch.

And yes, Darcy knows how to swear like the seaman he is. And will likely do so with lack of restraint
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

I so agree with Revanne. I live in a Navy town so know a little bit about swearing. Will probably  be using a lot of it.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Quote from: DerynifanK on May 28, 2019, 11:14:04 AM
Oh dear. I knew when Feyd reappeared  it would be bad news. Someone needs to realize what is going on and free Wash from Feyd's controls. I guess that's  why Denis was lost . He would be most likely to be able to do that .

The Deryni Prelate wasn't lost because he could possibly free Wash.

Laurna

Thank you Bynw for saying this. That would have been one guilt trip that neither Wash nor I want to deal with. Losing an important cannon character should never be taken lightly. I hope no one comes along and says " because of you, we lost...."  more than one name can be filled in there. That would hurt too much.

revanne

Given that I killed Thomas Cardiel (Nunc Dimittis) I am comforted by the thought that Denis will be reunited with his old friend, and I am sure that Jorian will be there to welcome him too. And perhaps he will at last get to see Camber - though I tend to think that Camber is not in heaven but expiating his final presumption by helping those still on earth.Just thought I would throw that in there because we don't have enough pot- stirred around😊
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: Laurna on May 30, 2019, 10:22:07 PM
Thank you Bynw for saying this. That would have been one guilt trip that neither Wash nor I want to deal with. Losing an important cannon character should never be taken lightly. I hope no one comes along and says " because of you, we lost...."  more than one name can be filled in there. That would hurt too much.

There are plenty of NPCs types and maybe one or two PC types that can fix Wash. It's just very difficult and if not done correctly could do more harm. Even Valerian might have been able to stumble upon the deception that Feyd made which wouldn't have been good for either of them. But thankfully he had other things on his mind.

Laurna

Thank you DFK, for you latest addition to GOTP. You have given Wash something positive to work on. I am thinking it is time to look into what is happening in Meara. I promise to work on that this weekend.

Laurna

I am sorry I have not had a chance to post anything this week. I have a chapter started with Duke Kelric arriving at Laas, however, I keep stumbling through it and not making it cohesive. I have a bit of family stuff through this coming week, (moving my dad to assisted living.)  I promise to get back in full swing next week. If anyone wants to jump in with Lady Aliset teaching Lady Fiona, that might be fun. And How is Sir Richard and the fleet doing as they chase the Talon fleet down the coastline?

DerynifanK

My DDH has gotten through the surgery and I think we are finally on the road to recovery. He had  a really rough 3 days with heart and breathing problems that put him in intensive care but he is now starting the road to recovery.  Have spent most of my time at the hospital with no opportunity to write or even think but hope that will be better this week. Laurna, hope all goes well with the move into assisted living for your dad. I know that is difficult. And thanks to those of you who sent good wishes and prayers. Looks like they worked. Happy Fathers Day, enjoy your time with the fathers in your life.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Hey, y'all, i'm starving for some update here! Nothing all week this week and I think last week, too?? Don't leave me on a desert island!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DesertRose

Quote from: judywward on June 16, 2019, 10:22:41 AM
Hey, y'all, i'm starving for some update here! Nothing all week this week and I think last week, too?? Don't leave me on a desert island!

It seems the players are a bit busy with offline life.  It happens.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)