• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:15:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 142
Total: 143
DoctorM
Google
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Thanks Evie for that support and explanation. Hope your issues are resolved in the most positive way. And yes the scene between Alaric and his son had me in tears too. So beautiful and sad. Just wish he were here to help. Maybe he is in a way
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Evie, If my words can help you in any way than it is I who feel honored. It is you and your kind words and your unrelenting patience that has brought me to a place that I love most of all, and that is writing. Your friendship is a boon that I cherish. It is not with many people that I have shared my own fears. I do so hope that the imbalances around you, will settle soon to find you in a positive place, because over and over you have been there for me. And you deserve the best.

This last scene took me over a week to write. A week where I have been struggling with my father, after he had a bad fall. The words had many revisions and they tumbled in many places, until I finally found the balance that seemed to work in my mind. Then last night, Bynw threw me for a loop, and I thought I would have to toss it all away. It was not until I came home from overtime at work and sat down to give Bynw a response that I realized, I could still use most of it and hope that it came together. Alaric and Wash touched my soul too.

Derynifank, the fact that we are all still here and still struggling to get words on the page, means that there is hope. We will band together and in some manor-- one not yet figured out by any of us-- that we will find a way to bring forth a win.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Utterly beautiful Laurna and I think the burning ash image from Wash's perspective is very apt. I also found Alaric's words helpful for personal reasons so thank you.

Hard though it must be for your character to be in such a place I think it is allowing you to showcase your talents as a writer and draw us into the emotional depths. If I am allowed to mix my fantasy worlds I am reminded of Sam Gamgee talking to Frodo about how different it feels to be in a story rather than just reading about it and you have taken us into the story with all its heartache, which is what makes it so compelling.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Hear hear!

I really can't improve on everything that has already been said, Laurna, but I so totally agree.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Laurna, you're doing an amazing job with this story (as are the other writers/players), and hopefully the old saw about the darkest hour being just before dawn will prove true for the player characters soon.

Wash's memory of Alaric was just gorgeous.  I've got the concept of memory on my mind a lot lately for personal reasons, and that was a wonderful, poignant piece of writing.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DesertRose

Sounds like Lord Darcy is looking for a good outlet for his anger at what Jaxom et al. inflicted upon Aliset.  Fighting practice is good for that.

One of the people I know in the SCA who fights said that a doctor or some other medical professional asked him what he did to relieve stress, and he said, "I beat up my friends with sticks every Sunday," then explained what SCA fighter practice is; the doctor or whoever said it sounded like a good idea to him (since everyone is in armor to prevent undue injury and they all know what they're getting into by armoring up and fighting at practice)!  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Oh poor Darcy.  He is going to find it hard that he can't make things right for Aliset just by being there. I hope that young Robert is good at parrying blows.

Grania is proving to be a tower of strength - she will be a good friend to Aliset.

Beautifully written Jerusha
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Good Jerusha, Glad Darcy has net up with his brother's squire to help him deal with Rhemuth, and I think a bit of weapon's practice to wrestle those frustrations  that he is dealing with is the best thing.

HoundMistress

Although worried for Wash and for Aliset, I'm glad to see more of the game unfold.  Keep up the good work, everyone.  The game's afoot!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

The level of writing in this game is amazing. All of you are doing a fantastic job! Laurna, you especially have a talent for drawing the reader into the story and making them care about the characters. I hope your dad is doing better. I can relate as my husband has had a lotof illness this year. He was actually supposed to have surgery today but he fell and then got bronchitis so we are on hold for now.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

I also found the piece about Wash's memory of Alaric very moving and well-written. All of the gamers are doing a great job on this game/story. We can hardly wait to find out what's next. It's like the serial shorts that were in the movies in my Mom's young years. She told me about them and how you'd always be left with a cliffhanger, waiting on pins & needles to see what happened next.
Judy Ward

Laurna

Revanne, your post is so refreshing after this morning's torture of me writing a response for Washburn to Feyd. I will hold off posting that for a little while, to let everyone enjoy Columcil and Dhugal's conversations.

revanne

I thought a little light relief was called for.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Revanne hope you and Demerica had a wonderful time in Switzerland. It was interesting  and fun to watch Dhugal and Columcil  working things out. Love the brogue. I know Jaxom was a pain but I hope they realize he was  not an intentional traitor. Did anyone ever find that ring? Just wondered,

HoundMistress

More good writing to read! Thanks, all.  Now I'm so curious about The Scholar! He almost seems reluctant to turn Wash over to the evil ones.  I hope we can hear more of him & his quest. Loved the Dhugal & Columcil piece!  I'll enjoy watching Darcy learn to be a Lord, something it sounds like he didn't think too much of during his previous life on the sea.
Judy Ward