• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 384
Total: 384
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New birth

Started by revanne, May 02, 2015, 05:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Welcome to the world to the new daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Aw, I feel for the Duchess of Cambridge.  Nobody's going to leave her alone for a minute to enjoy her new little girl.

And if her son is any indication, I bet the new baby is just adorable.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

It's a girl. 8lbs 3oz.
Wonderful!
She is fourth inline to the thrown now that daughters can ascend to the English thrown.

Because Kate was running overdue, I was starting to think it was a boy. Boys are known to need more baking time.  :) But I was glad I was wrong.  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Congratulations to the "Cambridges"!   ;D  And now we wait to learn what they've named her.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

8 lbs. 3 oz.  Ouch!

But congratulations and hope everyone is doing well.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Can you imagine, 10 hours after giving birth, Kate then walks out of the hospital, babe in arms, looking photo beautiful. That is dedication to the public. I hope her next few weeks will be calm and quite with lots of mother/baby time.

revanne

And her name is... drum roll (21 gun salute booming out across London actually which as a radio announcer pointed out is exactly what you want when you've just got a new baby)

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.

Very very diplomatic.

Charlotte's a nice name. We nearly had a Queen Charlotte once, before Queen Victoria but she died young.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Awww! Lovely name.

I was thinking about Princess Charlotte as a name sake. I have a book of royal fashion and a few of her portraits are given. She was a lovely young lady.

I approve of the name. (Not that my opinion matters ;D)

revanne

Quote from: Laurna on May 04, 2015, 11:25:08 AM

I approve of the name. (Not that my opinion matters ;D)

You're as entitled to your opinion as any of the other several million people who have put their penn'orth (dime's worth??) in.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Nice name! Includes both parents (Charlotte being a feminine form of Charles) and the Royal Grandmum, so quite diplomatic indeed.  :)

Quote from: revanne on May 04, 2015, 11:17:40 AM
And her name is... drum roll (21 gun salute booming out across London actually which as a radio announcer pointed out is exactly what you want when you've just got a new baby)

LOL!  Oh, so very THIS, quoted for truth!  Let's just hope little Princess Charlotte is not a light sleeper, because I'm sure her Mum would like some rest now.   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!