• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:16:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The King's Deryni

Started by Laurna, December 02, 2014, 12:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Welcome John - it took me ages before I got the courage to post but this lovely group of people have been so welcoming.

Take courage Alkari - The King's Deryni is crossing the Atlantic quicker than expected (now due tomorrow!!) so hopefully the same will be true for the Pacific.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

drakensis

Surely Amazon has a Transfer Portal - the European outlet is somewhere in Switzerland I gather?

tenworld

waiting to get my kindle back from daughter, but read reviews on Amazon.  anyone know who 'jerry' is?

revanne

God is good. It has arrived - lovely and shiny and new. All my other KK's are good quality second hand - This is all mine! And DH is away visiting 2nd DD in London and I have a rotten cold (and hence good excuse for not working this evening) so once Dad's tea is done I shall wrap up in my duvet with some mulled wine and several hot water bottles and read!!
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

My hardcover is not expected to be delivered until end of day Saturday, and since my office is closed on Saturdays, I'm not expecting to actually see it until sometime on Monday.  *sigh*  Fortunately I've got the Kindle version.  By the time I get the hardcover in hand, I'll likely already be done reading the book!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

Quote from: revanne on December 04, 2014, 09:46:18 AM
God is good. It has arrived - lovely and shiny and new. All my other KK's are good quality second hand - This is all mine! And DH is away visiting 2nd DD in London and I have a rotten cold (and hence good excuse for not working this evening) so once Dad's tea is done I shall wrap up in my duvet with some mulled wine and several hot water bottles and read!!

Sounds like a great way to spend an evening, even with the icky cold. =o) Enjoy your read, Revanne, and feel better soon!  :)
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Laurna

Evie, I hope your hard cover arrives a day early on Friday, for your Birthday.
Revanne, so glad to hear you have your copy, I hope Alkari gets her copy really soon.

This morning I stopped reading when my eyes were tearing up, and I could no longer read the words on my laptop. I'm about a third of the way through. I have both the book and the kindle version, but I am finding myself reading the kindle version most of the time.

I learned a new word this morning- peregrinations. Had to look it up. Therefore, I will claim being educated along side our wonderful young Alaric.  :D
May your horses have wings and fly!

john

Thank you for al the welcomes.  I have been an occasional poster
to KK's sites for quite some time  on different groups.  I have been
able to keep myself to 2-3 chapters a night and after 3 nights I am at 48%.
Usually this would be a one night KK scan, followed by another reading,  I must be getting old, 57 next week.
Good reading!
Pax,
john

Laurna

Now I know why real paper is preferable to digital. I spent four hours sitting at the dealership waiting for them to fix my car. I had thought the wait would not be a problem. I had Alaric with me. Right!. After 45 minutes, my WiFi ran out of battery and I did not have my charger. I had charged my lap top all the night before, but forgot the charge the Hot Spot. I am so dumb. In frustration, I sat around unable to do anything for three hours. I so wish I had brought the real book. But Alas....! I have not been home to read all day, and I fear I am too tired tonight to even attempt it. Tomorrow, I will read tomorrow. Alaric be patient with me, I will see you in the morning.

revanne

Poor Laurna - I guess too many fatigue banishing spells have taken their toll. How frustrating though :(
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quotetoo many fatigue banishing spells have taken their toll.

Revanne, you found me out! ;D  This morning is a good morning to read! 

Braniana

Got my book on Tuesday and finished it way way too late last night/early this morning.  Could have finished sooner, but I got delayed by holiday decorating.  Looking forward to other people finishing the book so that we can start rehashing it.

Shiral

I'm embarrassed to admit I've already finished it, too. =o) 

Years ago KK joked  that at a con panel, a fellow author joked that  an alternate title for King Kelson's Bride could have been "Four Weddings and Funeral."

To which another colleague replied "Well usually she writes Four Funerals and a Wedding!"  Either way, I think  TKD meets the quota.  ;D

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

revanne

Almost there - although I have then to do my reread to luxuriate on all the bits I missed.

Reminds me of when we went on holiday in the caravan when the children were young teenagers and the last but one Harry Potter book came out. We were desperate to discuss it in the long car journeys through France but DH is a much slower reader than the rest of us (doesn't miss stuff though) and forbade it until he had finished.

I am dying to discuss TKD especially... ( :-X)
(Psalm 46 v1)