• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Adaptations?

Started by Marc_du_Temple, December 03, 2023, 05:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc_du_Temple

Personally, I would start the crowdfunding myself to get a reliable studio behind the main duology or a miniseries based on one of the recurring characters in the anthologies. The two-part story of Thierry de Challon, for example, would make an incredibly visually striking film and could probably be condensed into a single TV special.

Richard Woods' contribution, with Friedrich and his earnest pupil Robert, would probably make a great feature-length film, but the trick would be preserving the heady philosophizing as well as the readily apparent historical authenticity.

Speaking of authenticity, the main duology. I can only imagine a group with the means of HBO or Angel Studios getting it right, and that's probably the first time they've ever been put in the same sentence. Nonetheless, I feel like the tone of the story is somewhere between their specialties. Graphic, honest depictions of medieval life, with a genuine appreciation for the mysticism and religions of the day. The scope, the action, and the progression of the leads. It might take years to pull off properly, but it would be well worth it if anyone had the courage to try it.

I'm mostly rambling, but I think I mean to say these stories pack a punch, and it's not a question of if they have potential, but which is first to bat?
"We're the masters of chant.
We are brothers in arms.
For we don't give up,
Till 'time has come.
Will you guide us God?
We are singing as one.
We are masters of chant." -Gregorian