• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 477
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 383
Total: 383
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Can I have more than one character?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

I'm taking the liberty of answering for Laurna who hopefully is asleep if I have the time difference right. I think you can have up to three.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Demercia

I don't know how to roll the dice. 
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

DesertRose

Quote from: Demercia on August 16, 2018, 10:24:17 AM

Log into chat, change your nickname to whatever name you're giving your NPC (for example, /nick John) and then copy each roll Laurna wrote (e. g., !roll 1d6 ) into the part of the chat window where you'd normally write whatever you were going to say in chat, one at a time, then copy/paste your results into a private message.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Quote from: DesertRose on August 16, 2018, 10:35:19 AM
Quote from: Demercia on August 16, 2018, 10:24:17 AM

Log into chat, change your nickname to whatever name you're giving your NPC (for example, /nick John) and then copy each roll Laurna wrote (e. g., !roll 1d6 ) into the part of the chat window where you'd normally write whatever you were going to say in chat, one at a time, then copy/paste your results into a private message.

So to further elaborate (even though I think what DR wrote is clear, but just in case anyone with a more visual learning style needs to see what this might actually look like) :

11:02      *** WalkingTarget joined #deryni_destinations
The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz | http://www.rhemuthcastle.com | http://www.deryni.net | Happy birthday to Cathabeth, cynicalmedic, the mothers of Shiral and DesertRose, and the other August birthday people!  Blessed Lammas/Lughnasadh!
Topic set by DesertRose on Wed Aug 01 2018 15:40:36 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
11:02   derynibot   [#Deryni_Destinations] Welcome to Deryni_Destinations. All things involving the Deryni and other works of Katherine Kurtz.

11:03   WalkingTarget   These sample rolls are for WalkingTarget, who is a villager armed with a bathroom plunger:   [OK, maybe don't make your character quite this ridiculous!]
11:04   WalkingTarget   !roll 1d6
11:04   derynibot   6 == 6
11:04   WalkingTarget   1roll 1d6
11:04   WalkingTarget   [Oops, that was an example of what NOT to do. Use !, not 1.]
11:04   WalkingTarget   !roll 1d6
11:04   derynibot   2 == 2
11:04   WalkingTarget   !roll 2d6
11:04   derynibot   5, 6 == 11
11:05   WalkingTarget   [Please note the last of those rolls should be 2d6, not 1d6.]
11:06   WalkingTarget   [Once you finish all rolls, either copy/paste your results to a private message to Laurna, or write them down and PM them to her. If I were writing them down, I might say "1d6 = 6.  1d6 = 2.  2d6 = 5 and 6."  Note that we are looking for the actual dice numbers rolled, not the total of the two dice in the case of that 2d6.]
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

I wondered if Drogh might show up again.   ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Good job, Jerusha. Wonderful that Columcil finally got to ride Shadow, at least as a big war horse and not a pack animal. I think Shadow will like our priest. Just wait until they have to gallop somewhere, "hold on"  lol.

I have four more openings if anyone wants to join today. I wont write  the ruins story line until tonight or tomorrow morning. kind of busy today.
As one of the NPC players said, it is a learning experience to try and roll the dice yourself. Kind of makes you hold your breath as you roll,  doesn't it. LOL
Fortunately, dice rolling has reinforced my desire to Never gamble. Too stressful!
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Laurna, your characters have resonances for me, as a Brit, of a BCC sitcom in the late 60's and 70's which has become a classic. Called "Dad's army," it told the fortunes of a platoon of "Local defence volunteers" aka "The Home Guard" in a seaside town in 1940, when the fear and threat of invasion by Hitler was very real. All the active men had been called up but those who were left behind, the elderly and infirm, formed themselves into platoons which were often poorly armed - tales are told of them parading with broom handles because there were no rifles. However what they lacked in expertise they made up for in enthusiasm and dedication.

(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

When Darcy recalls what is nagging him, I hope it's not too late and it helps them.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on August 16, 2018, 02:39:51 PM
Laurna, your characters have resonances for me, as a Brit, of a BCC sitcom in the late 60's and 70's which has become a classic. Called "Dad's army," it told the fortunes of a platoon of "Local defence volunteers" aka "The Home Guard" in a seaside town in 1940, when the fear and threat of invasion by Hitler was very real. All the active men had been called up but those who were left behind, the elderly and infirm, formed themselves into platoons which were often poorly armed - tales are told of them parading with broom handles because there were no rifles. However what they lacked in expertise they made up for in enthusiasm and dedication.

I've never seen "Dad's Army," but I've heard good things about the show, and it may be available on this side of the Pond via BritBox.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

There are episodes on youtube but I don't know whether they are viewable your side of the pond.
(Psalm 46 v1)

HoundMistress

Great writing,all!! Thanks for moving the story forward again. Can't wait till Darcy finds out who Robert really is.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

Afraid this rescue is not going so well. It is more difficult than first thought  and since it's dark and Feyd planned to move at sunset, am thinking  he has already taken Wash away. Sigh

Jerusha

That was scary, and they have only conquered the causeway!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

It does get very discouraging. We never seem to have any good luck, especially  Wash. Are you sure those aren't Valerian's  dice? Every time there is a gleam of hope for Wash. it gets promptly squashed.  Almost ready to give up.