• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:33:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 110
Total: 111

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Greetings!

Started by JediMatt1000, July 16, 2018, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JediMatt1000

Greetings everyone!

My name is Matt and I live in Phoenix, AZ with my wife. I have been following KK for a number of years and I had no idea a webforum like this existed up until a few days ago.

I'm currently reading the Camber of Culdi trilogy and it has been very riveting so far. I have read the Deryni books out of order somewhat; but I loved The Adept, and Knights Templar series.

Katherine is a wonderful and amazing writer, I love the way she delves into these worlds and characters. I actually cried a lot when Cathan was killed at the hands of Imre. I really have a heart for Camber.

Thank you all so very much for this place. I look forward to being as active on here as possible.
Matt
"Be the change you wish to see."

DesertRose

Welcome to the Castle, JediMatt1000!

As you may have intuited by my username, I'm a native of Arizona (though way up north, Page), and I lived in Phoenix for a while when I was a kid.  I miss my desert (I live in Florida now).

Glad to have you here, and I don't think anyone (certainly not any active member) here came to the books in as backwards a fashion as I did.  I picked up Deryni Magic at a large book sale, read it and was both confused and intrigued enough to start accumulating the rest of the series in used book shops.

I am most fond of the Camber and Heirs trilogies; they make me sad and angry at all the lost knowledge that is evident in comparison to Kelson's (et al) time, but they're so well written!  I love the Adept series too, and I need to refresh my memory on the Templar books.

Again, welcome!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Welcome JediMatt1000, glad your are joining us!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Greetings from across the pond
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Shiral

Welcome Jedi Mat1000, if you love the Deryni Universe and Katherine's writing, you're in the right place.  Glad you found us.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

Welcome to the Rhemuth Castle household,  JediMatt1000!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

JediMatt1000

Thank you all for the warm greetings! If you'd like to, please feel free to hit me up on Facebook. www.facebook.com/JediMatt1000 or search me by name Matt Pepple. Always on the lookout for new friends!

Bynw

Welcome Matt, dont forget every Sunday is KK Chat
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Demercia

Welcome Matt.  I'm another resident from across the Pond. You should also know that the castle is home to a lot of cats.  Mine is a large ginger. 
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

JediMatt1000

We have 3 cats. One is a large tabby.

Laurna

Welcome to the castle, JediMatt.
I am guessing you like a little Force with you're magic, and a little Trekkie with your stars, and a blue phone box to visit all the universes of science fiction.
Right there along side you.
The eleven kingdoms pulled me out of the stars to enjoy the medieval world of the Deryni.
You are welcome to join us and stay a while. All kittehs are welcome, and puppies too.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Check out our gallery ... we have a category for "fur kids" there

http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=2

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Shiral

Quote from: JediMatt1000 on July 17, 2018, 10:18:22 AM

Well! Then you'll fit right in around here. =o) We welcome dogs too, naturally.
I have two cats, one great big gray tabby male named Dmitri, and one little orange tabby female named Tatiana.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

Quote from: Shiral on July 17, 2018, 12:49:58 PM

Well! Then you'll fit right in around here. =o) We welcome dogs too, naturally.
I have two cats, one great big gray tabby male named Dmitri, and one little orange tabby female named Tatiana.

Melissa

I'm owned by a ginger tabby named Luke (as in Skywalker) and one brown/gray tabby named Gigi, which is short for Giraffe Giraffe Pickle Annabeth Sophronia I-Nibble-Toes, because no one in my family could agree on a name, and none of us are completely right in the head.   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

I'm the personal servant of a tan tabby named Carys, and my parents have three cats, PJ, a solid pewter-gray girl who should have been named Shadow for how easily she can hide in a shadow, Merlin the Manx Menace, a black-and-white tuxedo rumpy (tailless) Manx boy who is a raging jerk (LOL), and the newest addition, Layla the Holy Terror Kitten, who looks like Merlin's Mini-Me except she's a girl and she has a long tail.

Please feel free to share photos of your kitties (and any other pets you may have) in the Fur Kids gallery section, as Bynw mentioned, and if you'd like to share a photo of yourself, the Fans of KK gallery is for pics of ourselves.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)