• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,559
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 342
Total: 342
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:01:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So many celebrity deaths!

Started by Aerlys, January 20, 2016, 03:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Rickman's death hit me hardest too. Thinking of sending in a donation for cancer research along with a note stating, "By Grabthar's Hammer, I shall avenge thee!" :'(
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Alan Rickman's death is the hardest one for me too, not least because of his qualities as a human being and not just as an actor.

A wonderful Snape, and he got to perfection all the ambiguities of a man torn between love and hate and ashamed to face his own goodness.

Trying to think of who I would have liked him to play in the Deryni-verse and I have come up with a few names, all of whom have a degree of ambiguity about them.

My list of three is: Matayas, Warin or Denis Arilan.

What think you, gentle readers?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

I can see him as Warin de Grey, standing over Morgan in Deryni Checkmate, or driving the dagger into Duncan's shoulder in High Deryni.

I could also see him as Mahael Furstan.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Rickman would have been too old to play Matyas, but he would have made an interesting Warin!  Or despite being a bit old to play Arilan as well, unless in one of the later stories, I could see him doing a great job with that role.

Yes to Mahael also, although the man was so often cast in villain roles (and was very good at them!), I'd have preferred to see him in a role that allowed for more ambiguity or let him shine as a curmudgeonly hero.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

Twenty years ago, Rickman could have got away with Matyas. I can see him most clearly as Mahael, myself. Or with the right hair and makeup, possibly Wencit. Too late now, alas! Requiescat in pacem, Alan!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!