• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,559
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 349
Total: 349
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 08:12:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So many celebrity deaths!

Started by Aerlys, January 20, 2016, 03:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlys

Hello all. It's been a rough month. So many well-loved celebrities lost. David Bowie, Glenn Frey, Dan Haggerty, Alan Rickman. And now we've learned that Willie Nelson just passed away!

Apparently, he was playing on the road again.  :P

***DUCKS AND RUNS***

(I'm baaaaaack!  ;D)
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

revanne

Sooooooooooooo good to have you back.

:)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Elkhound

Having read this, I find I can't really mourn David Bowie; I can't rejoice in his death, for I won't do that for anyone, but I can't feel that his death is the great loss to humanity that some seem to: http://www.debriefdaily.com/lifestyle/lori-maddox-i-lost-my-virginity-to-david-bowie/    She was thirteen; I used to be a schoolteacher--she was younger than some of my students!

Aerlys

To be perfectly frank, I'm not in mourning over any celebrity deaths. My life is hardly wrapped up in such things and, as your link suggests, there are much more important matters that should concern us about these so-called "heroes."

I will, however, mourn the loss of all those mackerel that will no doubt be flung in my direction. ;D
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

revanne

Mackerel  pate is nice.

:-)

Point taken Elkhound. This is after all a fallen world
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

*Fills cauldron with hot oil, lights a fire under it, sifts together cornmeal and bread crumbs, and prepares for a huge fish fry*

Glad to have you back, Aerlys!

Did Willie Nelson die?  I haven't seen anything on the internet on that.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Elkhound

No, AFAIK, Nelson is still alive.

Laurna

Dang Man! You had me there for a minute.

***Tracheae loaded***

**** TWANG****

**** dozen Red Snapper flung North****

**** Over shoots their mark; lands in Jerusha's frying vat*****

****Laurna reaching for a bottle of wine and a thick fur coat, before stepping onto the Portal ****

Aeryls, Let's meet up at Jerusha's for dinner.

May your horses have wings and fly!

Aerlys

Yum!

***grabs tartar sauce and white wine and jumps in car***

Hilaire Belloc

Aerlys

Quote from: Jerusha on January 20, 2016, 06:19:20 PM

Did Willie Nelson die?  I haven't seen anything on the internet on that.

No, Jerusha. I'm just being a stinker.  :D

Hilaire Belloc

Jerusha

DH is a big Willie Nelson fan, so I asked him and he set me straight.

*Shovels out driveway so Aerlys has room to park her car.  Adds cheddar biscuits to the dinner table.*
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Demercia

Please could you smoke some of that mackerel.   It is going to take me a while to row across the Atlanic, and looking at the kitty (the fiscal not the feline), I can't see any other way of getting there.
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Jerusha

*Borrows DS1's smoker, and fires up the lighthouse so Demercia can see the beacon.*

Follow the St. Lawrence Seaway, turn right when you reach Lake Ontario, and I'll pick you up in Toronto.  :)

-- Old English Litany

revanne

I'll stow away with Demercia.

Although it would be better for you all to come over here - just row down to Florida and then you can drift with the gulf stream.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Shiral

Of all the recent deaths, the one I truly feel is the loss of Alan Rickman. I was interested in any role he played, and absolutely NO one could have played Snape the way he did. That was  a piece of genius casting. I particularly loved his voice.  David Bowie.....I realize many loved him, but....I find my life can proceed without him without a lot of pain. And no, I'm not cool with having sex with underage girls--Or to be very clear about this underage boys--  even if they believe they are participating willingly. 

Nice to have you back Aerlys. But you had me worried for Willie Nelson for a minute.  =o)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!