• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,559
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rupert's Successor

Started by Elkhound, January 06, 2016, 08:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

I hadn't intended to get a new cat so soon, but a FB friend contacted me about a kitten who needed rehoming.  Shes--yes, she; all my pets so far have been male--is six months old, spayed, litterbox trained.  And she's a ginger tabby like Rupert.

She's not named, so I'll call her "Roberta.'  That way when he's grown up I can say I have a Bob Cat.

DesertRose

Aw, I'm glad to hear that!

I had a "Bob" cat years ago, although he was a neutered tom (and looked rather like your Zane).  He liked to sleep on my feet, which was lovely in cold weather (fifteen pounds of furry cat made for a fantastic foot warmer), but got a little much in summer, LOL.

I wish you many years of joy with Roberta.  If you happen to get a pic of her, post it to Fur Kids, and I'll get it approved as soon as I see it.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Congats on your new kitty-cat. Roberta is a very lucky kitty.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

So pleased for you and for your lucky new little moggie (affectionate Brit speak for non pedigree cat) as you start the new year together.

sighs
Another kitty on the forum to terrify my poor Cassie (large black dog with no courage and a heart so big there's no room for a brain!).
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

What a good way to start off a new year!  May you enjoy many happy times together for a long time.  Welcome Roberta!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Demercia

Hi Roberta.  Brandysnap waves a paw.
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Shiral

Good for you for giving Roberta a new home! May she be a loyal, fun and beloved companion for you for many years to come.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Elkhound

Roberta came Friday night and has been hiding ever since.  She's coming out to eat and use the box when I'm not around.  I did see her this AM when I woke up, but as soon as she saw that I was awake she went and hid again. 

I got salmon for dinner tonight, and I'll give her some.  That should bring her out!

Tomorrow after church I'll take a postprandial nap; she may decide to join me.  Rupert hid for a couple of days when he first came, too.  She'll figure out that there isn't an older cat to bully her here, or a little kid who will pull her tail.

Jerusha

Just someone offering ear scritches, a warm, comfortable lap, and salmon!  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Elkhound

Quote from: Jerusha on January 09, 2016, 04:48:05 PM
Just someone offering ear scritches, a warm, comfortable lap, and salmon!  :)

I wish she'd let me offer the scritches and the lap!

Tomorrow, after church and lunch, I'm taking a nap.  That may be what gets her.  If I get a warm, furry lump next to me, I'll be happy.

DesertRose

Carys hid under my bed a good bit right at first, until she sorted out that she had full run of my flat (such as it is; it's small but it's just Carys and me so I don't really need a huge place) and nobody here but the two of us so she didn't have to hide.

Roberta will soon figure out that your place is her place and that it's a good place for a cat to live.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Demercia

There is nothing quite like a warm purring bundle of fur, though at 4 this morning I was definitely of the opinion that sciatica, a bad shoulder muscle and 5 k of cat determined to use me as a pillow was a bad combination!  Hope Roberta doesn't take too long to work out that she has landed on her paws!
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Elkhound

Last night she came and slept at my feet.  This afternoon, when I came home for lunch, she was nowhere to be found, but after lunch when I lay down for a nap she joined me. 

I still haven't been able to get a picture of her.  Will do when I can.

Laurna

So glad she is finding your feet a safe place.  ;D Soon, she will find you lap safer still. Don't scare her with the camera flash just yet. Let her feel more homey first.  8)
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

No worries about the pic, just whenever you get one.  :)

I'm glad she's starting to warm up and get comfy.