• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:24:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 100
Total: 100

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Healer's Inheritance- Chapter 4- Master Cervus Dulcis

Started by Laurna, October 21, 2014, 05:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NavaWazr

Speaking of poor Alaric thinking the worst....

"Alaric!!!!" The Duke of Corwyn jumped out of his warm bed, going from fully naked to acceptably dressed with sword in hand in only two minutes. Such was the force of his cousin's fear, a voice that repeated the duke's name and faded to nothing.

"Richenda! Did you hear that?" he asked his wife, wide awake, alert, seeking outward with her Deryni senses as she burrowed further under the heavy coverlet. "I heard Duncan, he was very frightened but there was a healthy sense of relief as well," she said.

"He isn't answering, and he should be awake and preparing for early Mass," the duke thought. Continuing the mental scan, the Duchess slipped into her shift and robes, thankful for the spells she learned as a child to magically fasten the many laces, ties and buttons of her clothing. Maids were important for propriety and feminine fussing, but sometimes it was important to just be dressed quickly.

"He isn't answering at all, it's as if he fell off the edge of the Earth," Alaric was now very worried, wondering who else was in Rhemuth right now. "Richenda, my darling, I must go and find out what happened."

"Yes, of course you must go. I will stay here with the children and reach out to my kin." Richenda had powerful relatives who might be able to find Duncan. If Uncle Azim was busy, perhaps she could reach out to her odd cousin Wazr. But first, she had to hear from Alaric, who had kissed her and strode onto a secret Portal....
I realized that I wanted to be Deryni, would have loved to be another niece of Uncle Azim, perhaps living on a Fianna vineyard.... but I'm a never wazzer

Evie

Quote from: NavaWazr on October 26, 2014, 08:28:56 PM"I heard Duncan, he was very frightened but there was a healthy sense of relief as well," she said.

* Evie dies laughing!  ;D

QuoteIf Uncle Azim was busy, perhaps she could reach out to her odd cousin Wazr.

Odd, perhaps, but quite amusing. So, when will we start seeing your fanfic stories on the board? Hm?
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

QuoteRichenda's ... odd cousin Wazr

:o Now you have done it. You've started our curiosity. I look forward to hearing more about cousin Wazr. ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Aerlys

NavaWazr, I suggest you go to the "Introductions" thread, and explain about "Odd Cousin Wazr" just as you told me in chat.  :)
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

drakensis

Well... there is a transfer portal in Valoret that got turned into a garderobe. I find it impossible to rule out that the same might not have happened somewhere else and that some poor Deryni in a desperate situation might not make a fortuitious discovery.