• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 370
Total: 370
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:49:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ancestry and the Deryni books

Started by Polrobin, September 22, 2012, 08:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polrobin

Hey all,

Like any good professor, I am skyving off and playing on ancestry.com.  Aside from the fun of tracing my family history back through two branches to Henry I, I uncovered this.

"Emma, married to David, Prince of North Wales, younger son of Owen Gwynedd, Prince of North Wales, and was mother of an only daughter and heir, Gwenllian, who married Griffith, younger son of Cadwygan, Nord of Nannau, younger son of Bleddyn ap Cynfyn, King of Powys...[more begets] and then this...and of Llewelyn ap Ynyr o'Ial, patriarch of the great house..."

Which all means that: Gwenllian Gwynedd is my 2nd cousin 29x removed. Oh, and I forgot about good old Haldane Cromwell. Haldane Cromwell (1170 - ), who is my 1st cousin 17x removed.

Look! I'm practically royal! <grin>

derynifanatic64

Maybe your ancestors are actually from Gwynedd and used a magic spell to travel to our universe?! ;D
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Laurna

Oh my! I had not seen this post. I hate to reopen it but I can not resist.
PolRobin, you've a Cynfyn in your family line too. Your ancestor's Portal went wonky and brought him or her to the wrong universe. I see they made the best of the error and did well for themselves. Love it.
May your horses have wings and fly!