• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 237
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 239
Total: 239
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Big smile on my face

Started by AnnieUK, July 30, 2013, 01:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

There's also Kindle for PC free software, if you prefer to read on your computer, but if you become as glued to the story as I was, you'll want the paperback, since it's more portable than lugging a computer (even a laptop) around everywhere you go.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Oh, fun, fun!  This is wonderful, Annie! 
I got the kindle version. However, I will want the paperback too. Autograph, did Evie say autograph?  Might have to consider that.

I think anyone can read the kindle version on their computer. Just go to amazon and down load the kindle app.  I may be wrong, but I don't think you need to have a kindle to download the software. then you can buy all your books in kindle and read them on the computer.

Thank you for a story to read for Christmas.
May your horses have wings and fly!

AnnieUK

Thank you for all your support, everyone. It all still feels very strange.

No, Evie, I haven't told DH yet. I guess I'll have to sometime, although I've been saying that for a long time now.

When I sent it to the design folks, I asked for 8x5, but because of the number of pages it came out to, and how Createspace prices long books, they advised me to go to 8.5x5.5. The next one is a little longer still, I think (115K as opposed to 110K), so I may have to change the font size or the gutter. The font size looked big-ish to me in the proof copy, so there is room to take it down a point or so, I think.

I'm still finding howlers in book 2, but I guess that's what I pay the editor for. Manuscript goes to her next month, and to the designers in March, so it's all go here. I just want to get back to the draft of the 3rd one and then do something else for a bit!

Evie

Quote from: AnnieUK on December 18, 2013, 04:33:15 PM

No, Evie, I haven't told DH yet. I guess I'll have to sometime, although I've been saying that for a long time now.

What's the use of putting a shout-out to him and your DD on the Dedications page if they're never going to get to see it?  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

I don't really like doing extended reading on the computer if I can avoid it.  There's one four-novel series that is only published online that I read on the computer, but that's kind of an exception because it's the only way I can get it short of printing it up, and I'm not willing to use up my printer paper and ink for something nonessential like that.

So, paperback it will be for me.   It may become my birthday present to myself, since my birthday is next month.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

Please do get back to the draft of book 3.

*dying to find out what happens next*   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

So am I!

Seriously, I know in broad strokes what happens, but how exactly I'm going to get there remains to be seen. I'm still far more of a pantser than a plotter.

Still trudging through edits, but background processing book 3 as I do it.

Aerlys

Yay, Annie! What a major accomplishment.

As soon as things die down after the holidays, I'll be snatching a paperback, too! This is always a slow work season for DH, but should pick up again in a month or so.

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

lenni

Quote from: AnnieUK on December 17, 2013, 04:44:03 PM
<snip>

If you do read it, and you like it, I'd love for you to put a review on Amazon. Reviews are useful not just there, but some blogs and promotion sites ask for a certain number of Amazon reviews before they'll even consider it. I need to get it set up on Goodreads sometime, too, but I need a break from those darn buttons for a day or two...

Anyway, ebook is here http://www.amazon.com/Crowchanger-Changers-Chandris-A-Smyth-ebook/dp/B00HCQ24OU/ on .com

<snip>

Annie, YAY!! Is there any chance of getting a Nook (Barnes&Noble epub) version? In the meantime, I'll read the Kindle version that I just bought. Congratulations!

Lenni/Kathleen

AnnieUK

Lenni,

At the moment, I'm in KDP Select, just to try it out. That means that until I come out of it (there's a 90 day minimum), I can't sell anywhere but Amazon. But I do have an epub version lined up ready to go. So if you drop me your email, I can send you a copy.

And thanks for buying! That will have stopped me waking up to the brown line of doom on my KDP dashboard! (If you have sales, it's a nice comforting pale blue. If it has no sales to report, it's a depressing sludge brown.)

I do hope you like it. It doesn't matter so much if people don't like fanfic, but this is *responsibility* LOL!

Annie x

revanne

Hi Annie,
This feels a bit odd as I feel I know you all being an avid reader of the Deryni fanfic and various threads. I wrote a post way back in Easter then got cold feet as it felt a bit public, goodness knows how you all get the courage to write the amazing things you do. I'm not very good at putting things in writing - can talk for England but chat is at a time when exhaustion has kicked in - but need to be brave again and tell you how much I have loved Crowchanger. Just finished it once and now will reread slowly to savour it properly, you've made me care about the characters which is my test of a good book, need to know now what happens to them... loved the environmental twist at the end. Now to be really brave and put a review on Amazon
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

AnnieUK

Aw, revanne. That's so sweet, thank you!

First time I posted something on here I was almost physically sick with anxiety, so I've come a long way in the three and a half years, or whatever it is. I'm always happy to chat via PM if it makes you feel safer. :)

And I'd love an Amazon review, if you can bring yourself to do it.

Book 2 will be out April/May probably. At the moment I'm scrapping for editor's time with an RPG book!

Aerlys

BTW, Annie, I'm curious which format authors prefer to sell? I'll be buying a hard copy to give to a friend, but I just received a Kindle for Christmas, so...
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

AnnieUK

Not sure about traditionally published, but self-published will almost certainly prefer ebooks. The production costs on print on demand books + Amazon's cut = despite the high price, I make pretty much nothing on a paperback.

And if you do like it, guys, please leave a review. It helps, not only if people are considering buying, but also with unlocking some review/advertising channels that only take you if you have so many Amazon reviews.